Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- April 2022 Edition

Interesting to see which container plants decided to come back this spring...

Haven't given up on the geraniums... but I may have to.

Bee on pink geranium | Bee sitting on a pink geranium flower… | Martina Rathgens | Flickr

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

We use geranium in our products because it naturally detoxifies and purifies skin -- common ...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

Hi All.  I hope @geezerette is okay and made it through alright. May the power be the only thing that may be down.  I use to love storms, not tornadoes, but rain and snow storms and lately they make me more nervous then not.  Too much destruction and uncertainty. We are suppose to get severe thunderstorms. Havent seen anything yet and just praying we dont get hit.  I hope @geezerette checks in soon. 

I too have been trying to stay away from the news @Brisky but havent been successful. But I will try again.  It just feels tough to do since it all is a house of cards. One big reality show. Such a sad state of affairs. I hope Marigold feels better and sorry to hear about your mom.  I can see the decline in mine and it is tough at times. But, we do what we can do. 

Nothiing much on this front honestly. I wish I had something exciting to share but every day looks the same for me. Same ole same ole. 

I am just trying to do some organizing since I have let things go and they are a mess. I dont know where to start so I just started with one corner. But last weekend I was able to get some stuff out and that felt good. So, I do want to continue with that. I really would be embarrassed if anyone was to see my home right now. 

This weekend, I need to do my taxes. I always wait until the last minute and then stress out. So, I will try and get that done. 

Anyway, I hope eveyrone is doing well and hanging in. 

@aprilskies 

Ugh.  I have taxes this weekend, too.  Which is early for me...

Just focus on one room at a time. Woman Wink

@just bee 

Mine were just sent in last week.  The state seems to be greedier than the Feds.  Maybe that's why we have a surplus in our budget.

The day after those taxes went in, I got my county tax bill in the mail.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Bee on pink geranium | Bee sitting on a pink geranium flower… | Martina Rathgens | Flickr

@just bee 

I promised myself last summer I was done with flowers and plants.  Inside and outside.

The weather and bugs are too hard to fight outside, and Yuri is too destructive inside.

I'm done fighting.

But boy, it's been really hard to resist now that all the plants are showing up at the stores.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@just bee 

I promised myself last summer I was done with flowers and plants.  Inside and outside.

The weather and bugs are too hard to fight outside, and Yuri is too destructive inside.

I'm done fighting.

But boy, it's been really hard to resist now that all the plants are showing up at the stores.

@geezerette 

I know!

This is the first time I've ever lived without indoor plants and it's weird.  Every time I see orchids I wonder if I could keep them alive. 

I just checked the geraniums and there are no signs of life.

I know better than to be tempted by those tender nursery plants.  The minute we plant them here, we get snow and the final big freeze.  Happens every year.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@just bee 

I'm done fighting.

@geezerette 

I know!

This is the first time I've ever lived without indoor plants and it's weird.  Every time I see orchids I wonder if I could keep them alive. 

I just checked the geraniums and there are no signs of life.

I know better than to be tempted by those tender nursery plants.  The minute we plant them here, we get snow and the final big freeze.  Happens every year.

@just bee 

It's the opposite here.  

We have winter, maybe (if we're lucky) a week or two of spring, and then as soon as we're lulled into thinking that "maybe this year will be different", it turns off hotter than hades.  Even if the plants stood a chance of surviving, I don't want to go outside to water them.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

Hi All.  I hope @geezerette is okay and made it through alright. May the power be the only thing that may be down.  I use to love storms, not tornadoes, but rain and snow storms and lately they make me more nervous then not.  Too much destruction and uncertainty. We are suppose to get severe thunderstorms. Havent seen anything yet and just praying we dont get hit.  I hope @geezerette checks in soon. 

I too have been trying to stay away from the news @Brisky but havent been successful. But I will try again.  It just feels tough to do since it all is a house of cards. One big reality show. Such a sad state of affairs. I hope Marigold feels better and sorry to hear about your mom.  I can see the decline in mine and it is tough at times. But, we do what we can do. 

Nothiing much on this front honestly. I wish I had something exciting to share but every day looks the same for me. Same ole same ole. 

I am just trying to do some organizing since I have let things go and they are a mess. I dont know where to start so I just started with one corner. But last weekend I was able to get some stuff out and that felt good. So, I do want to continue with that. I really would be embarrassed if anyone was to see my home right now. 

This weekend, I need to do my taxes. I always wait until the last minute and then stress out. So, I will try and get that done. 

@aprilskies 

@just bee 

Mine were just sent in last week.  The state seems to be greedier than the Feds.  Maybe that's why we have a surplus in our budget.

@geezerette 

Yup.  Right after I write my big checks to the State and the Feds, I have to pay my property taxes.

What ever happened to the concept of tax reform?

I feel like my raison d'être is to pay taxes.  And every year my tax person asks, "So when are you going to get married?"  Why?  Do I get a car?

I've been "doing taxes" every year for 40 years.  When does it end?

Biological Annihilation On Earth Accelerating - Countercurrents

Nope.  Not even then.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@aprilskies 

@just bee 

@geezerette 

Yup.  Right after I write my big checks to the State and the Feds, I have to pay my property taxes.

I feel like my raison d'être is to pay taxes.  And every year my tax person asks, "So when are you going to get married?"  Why?  Do I get a car?

Nope.  Not even then.

@just bee 

But at least at that point it's not you writing the check.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@aprilskies 

@just bee 

@geezerette 

Nope.  Not even then.

@just bee 

But at least at that point it's not you writing the check.

@geezerette 

Good point.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@geezerette 

This was another bad week at work. 

I always think that things are bad and getting worse but, as long as so-and-so doesn't quit, it really can't be that bad.  So-and-so has been there forever.  Even longer than me.

Well, so-and-so quit.

The writing is on the wall.

"Banksy Quote rat with sign Get Out While You Can Graffiti Street art Peace symbol necklace ...