Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- April 2022 Edition

Remember when I was complaining about all the static?

Post image

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

hey all

not to much here today

did normal chores, sheet day everything in dryer today. rain is threatening for next several days could get up to 3 inch by friday. wait and see

have last load of clothes to fold,did get morn walk in early today.

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette 

Aren't you sorry you asked?

@just bee 

I'm just glad it didn't happen to me.

I run a similar scenario through my head daily.  It's why I don't want to go anywhere.  I'm afraid of some sort of major disaster with the car--either car.

Of course, staying home is no guarantee I won't obsess about calamities.  I just worry about the hot water tank going out, the roof blowing away, the washer quitting in the middle of a cycle--you name it, I'll worry about it.

Assisted living is getting more and more attractive.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

One of the many casualties of COVID was the impact on in-person training.  RNs need a certain number of continuing education units in order to renew their licenses.  That number varies by state.

I usually end up with twice as many as I need because I like classes and seminars.

Which we haven't had since this pandemic.

So... there's a conference.  If I choose to do this, I'll fly into D.C. and drive to Virginia to stay at a hotel and attend this conference.

I needed to get away after the fire, so I ended up going to that seminar in Santa Fe.  But Santa Fe is familiar.  It's not on the opposite side of the country.  I didn't have to fly there.

I've attended training in California, but that was familiar, too.  I lived there for 25 years.

So I'm toying with this idea because

1. I need to get the ___ outta here and

2. I need to do something that makes me uncomfortable.

@just bee 

Between the talking bushes and the tire debacle, you do need a vacation.  But I'm not sure a seminar qualifies as a "vacation".

Expenses paid?

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

One of the many casualties of COVID was the impact on in-person training.  RNs need a certain number of continuing education units in order to renew their licenses.  That number varies by state.

I usually end up with twice as many as I need because I like classes and seminars.

So... there's a conference.  If I choose to do this, I'll fly into D.C. and drive to Virginia to stay at a hotel and attend this conference.

I needed to get away after the fire, so I ended up going to that seminar in Santa Fe.  But Santa Fe is familiar.  It's not on the opposite side of the country.  I didn't have to fly there.

I've attended training in California, but that was familiar, too.  I lived there for 25 years.

@just bee 

Between the talking bushes and the tire debacle, you do need a vacation.  But I'm not sure a seminar qualifies as a "vacation".

Expenses paid?

@geezerette 

Yes.  By me. Woman Sad

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@just bee 

Expenses paid?

@geezerette 

Yes.  By me. Woman Sad

@just bee 

Oooh.  That would make my mind up for me right there.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@just bee 

Expenses paid?

@geezerette 

Yes.  By me. Woman Sad

@just bee 

Oooh.  That would make my mind up for me right there.

@geezerette 

It would be a lot more expensive than the Santa Fe training, that's for sure.  I haven't been on a plane in over 20 years.  I have a feeling it would be just like work.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette 

Aren't you sorry you asked?

@just bee 

I'm just glad it didn't happen to me.

I run a similar scenario through my head daily.  It's why I don't want to go anywhere.  I'm afraid of some sort of major disaster with the car--either car.

Of course, staying home is no guarantee I won't obsess about calamities.  I just worry about the hot water tank going out, the roof blowing away, the washer quitting in the middle of a cycle--you name it, I'll worry about it.

Assisted living is getting more and more attractive.

@geezerette 

Same here.

Failure is manufactured into everything we own.  It's just a matter of time before something will break or stop working.

Honored Contributor

Gotta get WGD out...

Honored Contributor

Post image

World's Cutest Face!  OMGOSH!Heart