Respected Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- April 2022 Edition

I want to work....I have noticed a difference once my children left. I would like to work for somebody PT and have a little bit of fun! No boring banks. No hospitals they smell bad and not the happiest place.
Maybe, I'll write a book about boring times and what you should do to escape from your own imprisonment 🤣

Yes, I walked the dog down the street to meet the horses
but that wasn't enough. What to do....I am going to think on it!
Respected Contributor

PS, bought Marigold a halter so she doesn't carry me down the street 🙃
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Brisky wrote:
Ok, school is my go to I guess. I will study English and buy a real computer....

@Brisky 

Are you up to reading poems that go on for 50 pages?

School has become awfully pricey.  When I first went to college, my tuition was $69 a quarter.  (We were on the quarter system while other universities were on a semester system.)

I could usually get all my books and supplies for under a hundred bucks.  Now you can't get one book for a hundred bucks.  My last degree?  Each class was $1500.  And that was considered a bargain.

Do you have a community college nearby?  Taking classes is fun -- especially when you don't have to worry about a degree.  Sometimes I get the urge to take a class in some subject that interests me.

I do have to take classes for work and, since COVID, there aren't the same opportunities.  I signed up for in-person seminars all the time.  Now everything's online.

Not the same.

How 'bout fly fishing?  Mountain climbing?  Long distance running? 

See, that's why I drink wine and watch old movies.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
I want to work....I have noticed a difference once my children left. I would like to work for somebody PT and have a little bit of fun! No boring banks. No hospitals they smell bad and not the happiest place.
Maybe, I'll write a book about boring times and what you should do to escape from your own imprisonment 🤣

Yes, I walked the dog down the street to meet the horses
but that wasn't enough. What to do....I am going to think on it!

@Brisky 

There are fun part-time jobs out there.  Any little tea shops in your area?  Okay, not fun for you, but there has to be something that would be up your alley.

I lost my high tech job after September 11 -- a lot of us did.  I knew moving here was risky because there were no jobs in NM.  In the back of my mind, I always thought: What would I do for work if I lost this job?

I applied for 82 jobs before I finally found one that paid less than half what I'd been making.  Way less.  But I'd finally decided that if I was going to work for peanuts, it had better be in a fun environment.  I applied for museum jobs, non-profits, colleges, arts organizations...  I was even considering going back to retail and working in a place like Petsmart just so I could be around dogs.

What sounds fun to you?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Omgosh you did not suggest our brisky working in a *fun* little tea shop! Just kidding....!! Question for ya just bee. Are corks recyclable. If they are I'm in HEAPS of trouble. Lol. I'm on my phone and can't do the @ thing. Nothing much going on here fir a Saturday nite. Dh is nodding off watching baseball.
Honored Contributor

For...not fir.
Respected Contributor

Definitely the art world. That is fun. I also have the GI bill portion on accident because the military messed up and put it in my name instead of my sons🙂
Respected Contributor

First is proper English in my book🤣🤣
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I meant FIR....
Honored Contributor

Lol Brisky