Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- April 2021 Edition

@Brisky wrote:
Ok, I know you all need your rest and relaxation! Where is everybody?.....I miss you all on this Tuesday morning...😥

@Brisky 

The green, green grass of home is calling you.  Or is it blue?

You have plenty of time to think about it, make your decision and prepare for the big move.  That's enough time to pare down and see more of the West before you pack up and go. Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

Good to see you both...I guess I come around alot when everybody is busy. The Great Gastby ha? Tragic tale.
Total flop when published in the 30's. Never read the book and now I think I should....

Kentucky is definitely the blue grass State... Lots of land, horses and cattle.We love Kentucky. Yep, I miss it and so does BH. The desert is something HARD to get used to again. When I was a kid I didn't realize it was a desert!
LOL I thought the whole world was Brown.

I have got to mow today....
Brisk out for now....have a great day all...
Honored Contributor

And I'm going to try to get some sleep before I go to work...

Scientists Find That Bees Aren't Getting Enough Sleep, and a Common  Pesticide Is to Blame | Southern Living

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

Hey geezerette, If I move or when I move I will be closer to you! Everything is green here right now...car,windows and you name it....
Having migraines where your at?
Did you know Fitzgerald only lived to 44. He drank alot.
Makes you wonder why the talented greats die young or suicide takes many.... 🤔 Guess I don't have their talents or I would have been gone by now.😘
I guess I'm lucky to be not so great...
Honored Contributor

5D448776-F21B-4CF1-8A3C-CA80E94E08C7.jpeg

Snow Bee Angel

Cold front coming through right now and it's snowing north of me according to the news.  Supposed to get another frost/freeze tonight, so I'd better get my plants covered again.  Although I'm not sure I care if the geranium lives or not.  I checked the store and all their buds and blooms were dying too, so there must have been something going on with that batch of plants.  But by next week at this time it will be in the 80s again!  No wonder the plants are messed up.

Mayflies are about gone and the caterpillars are waning, thank goodness!  Man, did we/I have hoards of 'pillars this year.  They were swarming in some spots, almost creepy.  No wonder so many of my birds aren't eating the birdseed.

Gotta go...👋

Respected Contributor

See you all later....
Honored Contributor

@lil spot wrote:

Hi there Doo🐝Doo,

I was fit to be tied when Comcast pulled that stunt on TCM viewing.

I held out a month or two before I succumbed to their sales tatics and demands.

Hi, @lil spot!   Love what you did with my nickname!  Cute!

TCM has always been a favorite of mine, even during dry spells or when I don't necessarily agree with their programming or hosts.   Comcast quietly removed it with no notice...  yet for some reason each time I log into the website, this past couple of weeks, they're making a big deal of the fact that they're removing the Cartoon Network but offering me the great opportunity to pay $10 a month to add it back.  I think they're out of touch with their customers, but it's a competitive, changing market and it's all about their profit.   Not happy with them, but every time I compare with other providers in my area none of them have great options.

Have a lovely day!🌻🐝

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

hey all

busy day for me

hung out today,sheet day had 3 huge loads. all dried, taken down,folded and put away.

ok all is ok here

did chores,

did walk,left over for dinner tonight

later guys

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

5D448776-F21B-4CF1-8A3C-CA80E94E08C7.jpeg

Snow Bee Angel

Cold front coming through right now and it's snowing north of me according to the news.  Supposed to get another frost/freeze tonight, so I'd better get my plants covered again.  Although I'm not sure I care if the geranium lives or not.  I checked the store and all their buds and blooms were dying too, so there must have been something going on with that batch of plants.  But by next week at this time it will be in the 80s again!  No wonder the plants are messed up.

Mayflies are about gone and the caterpillars are waning, thank goodness!  Man, did we/I have hoards of 'pillars this year.  They were swarming in some spots, almost creepy.  No wonder so many of my birds aren't eating the birdseed.

Gotta go...👋

@geezerette 

Wilted geraniums?  A dead winter savory?  Swarms of caterpillars?

Scientists warn it's a symptom of the larger climate crisis!

We've had cooler weather here and, of course, it's been fabulous.  We usually get one last freeze or blizzard in April, but there's been nothing like that... yet.

I may just pass on the geraniums this year.  The ones I've seen here look great, but I might just have to enjoy seeing them on other people's property.

We figured out why the new plants in the ground have been happy.  They're on a drip system and they get watered -- in three zones -- in the morning.

But for some reason, the cycle repeats.  Twice.  We've tried everything -- read the manual, looked online -- and we can't seem to cancel the additional cycles.  Which means we have to turn off the system and remember to turn it back on so the plants do get watered.

I'll see how much that extra water's going to cost when I get my bill.

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

hey all

busy day for me

hung out today,sheet day had 3 huge loads. all dried, taken down,folded and put away.

ok all is ok here

did chores,

did walk,left over for dinner tonight

later guys

@viva923 

I think you do more laundry in a day than I do in a week.