Trusted Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- April 2021 Edition

@geezerette wrote:

Well, a new month and time for yet another reset.  (Upteenth time's the charm, right?😉😆)

I've gotten rid of a few things--an old cell phone that I was using just to listen to one radio show via internet.  I no longer find that show very interesting so I don't need that extra phone laying around.

And speaking of phones, I finally got rid of my landline too.  I waited for several months to make sure I had notified everyone that used it and it's a good thing I waited that long because I had forgotten about the accountant.  I have to admit it's kind of scary to be without a landline telephone.  This is the first time in my life I have done so.😬 

Skin care is getting down to basics quite nicely.  Although I just got an email for a sale so I'll probably get a few things.  I tried to use my old Bare Minerals foundation and it was awful, so I guess I'll just keep a small tinted moisturizer around to use when I want a bit of coverage since that now seems to work best for me.

Buying in general was fairly okay.  I did succumb to about three things last month that I really didn't need.  I should have returned at least one, but it wasn't really worth it since I would have had to pay for shipping.  

Tossed all the food I want to give up yesterday.  I have to get off all that stuff I allowed myself over the winter.  I'm now almost ten pounds over what I want.  That's the most I've ever been.😨  And if I don't get it off in the next couple of months when the weather is decent for me to get the most exercise, I'll be sunk when it gets too hot to leave the house.

So, I have to get my HEP more in line with the rest of my life--down to basics.  Self discipline.  I have no one else to blame.

@geezerette I feel your pain. My weight has been on the uptick because of all the sugary stuff hanging out in the cupboards. I just tossed the Halloween candies. We were doing so well back then that we didn't eat much of it. But knowing it was hiding out, I was so tempted and indulged. I finally bit the bullet and tossed it out. It's been rainy here so we haven't walked as much as usual. That isn't helping either. We need to make a concerted effort when the weather is good. BTW, I saw but didn't respond to your inquiry about our wellbeing during the flooding. Thankfully we were ok. The rains hit other parts of the island this time. But I sure hate when it floods like that. 

I've been content with my skincare routine. There's a step that I'm ready to ditch once I run out of my vitamin C powder. It's in other products so I won't be repurchasing a separate vitamin C. I found a good cleansing oil and am stocked up for the year. Lotions and sunscreen are good too. And now that I'm back on tretinoin, that's about the only "active" ingredient I'm using. No need to check out new products with other ingredients right now. My skin is doing good.

I am dreading the summer. It's already warming up here, into the 80s. 

You won't miss that landline. The best thing about not having it so that I don't get marketing calls at all hours anymore. I do get them on my cell phone but it warns me first "scam likely" so I can ignore it.

Trusted Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Ahhh Healthy Eating Plan.  Had no idea about some HEP references before!

I've lost about 9 lbs in the last month!

Was easy.  Gave up my bowl of cereal in the morning.  Had no idea it was 50 grams of carbs!!!  Raisin Bran.  I would also have a bowl as a snack to avoid something *bad*.  Joke was on me.

Also gave up my (Biscoff's) cookies.  Couldn't eat just 3 or 4....so stopped buying them.

Also, stopped with the olive oil.  I could easily go thru a 1/4 cup a day......

Not missing any of it, to be honest.

It's only Wednesday and it seems this week should be over already!

Hope everyone is doing well.

@Lucky Charm 

That's what I need to lose! Woman LOL

I haven't had a bowl of Raisin Bran in ages, but I still remember the texture.  Breakfast cereals have a certain texture that's hard to give up.

Good job! Heart

And, yes, this week should be over already.  Last night was like two and a half weeks. Woman Mad

Crazy thing is...I never liked milk in my cereal, even as a kid.  It just got too soggy and that grossed me out.  (I hated ice cream melting in the bowl-- while I ate it, too.)

Now I don't do dairy at all and eat my cereal dry.  

And even crazier is.....I hate raisins.  So they got tossed aside and what a waste because now the box of Cascadian Farms says *Now with MORE California Raisins!*  Yuck.

@Lucky Charm I think we're cereal soulmates! I like my cereal dry too. And can't eat raisins. By chance, do you hate condiments too?Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Oshare-girl wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Ahhh Healthy Eating Plan.  Had no idea about some HEP references before!

I've lost about 9 lbs in the last month!

Was easy.  Gave up my bowl of cereal in the morning.  Had no idea it was 50 grams of carbs!!!  Raisin Bran.  I would also have a bowl as a snack to avoid something *bad*.  Joke was on me.

Also gave up my (Biscoff's) cookies.  Couldn't eat just 3 or 4....so stopped buying them.

Also, stopped with the olive oil.  I could easily go thru a 1/4 cup a day......

Not missing any of it, to be honest.

It's only Wednesday and it seems this week should be over already!

Hope everyone is doing well.

@Lucky Charm 

That's what I need to lose! Woman LOL

I haven't had a bowl of Raisin Bran in ages, but I still remember the texture.  Breakfast cereals have a certain texture that's hard to give up.

Good job! Heart

And, yes, this week should be over already.  Last night was like two and a half weeks. Woman Mad

Crazy thing is...I never liked milk in my cereal, even as a kid.  It just got too soggy and that grossed me out.  (I hated ice cream melting in the bowl-- while I ate it, too.)

Now I don't do dairy at all and eat my cereal dry.  

And even crazier is.....I hate raisins.  So they got tossed aside and what a waste because now the box of Cascadian Farms says *Now with MORE California Raisins!*  Yuck.

@Lucky Charm I think we're cereal soulmates! I like my cereal dry too. And can't eat raisins. By chance, do you hate condiments too?Woman LOL

@Oshare-girl 

Wait a minute.  What kind of condiments are we talking about?  Do you consider kizami a condiment or a necessity of life?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

D9EC6B0C-87E5-4052-A69F-393A97DFBC06.jpeg

@geezerette 

Is this made by Burt's Bees?

@just bee 

No.  Apparently it's just an ad for a Brazilian conservation organization.

I just found it appropriately creepy.

@geezerette 

You want creepy?

Yellow Bee uploaded by 𝕵𝖆𝖘𝖞✨💗 on We Heart It

Is this the new conjunctivitis look for spring?

@just bee 

Okay, I give up.  

You're creepier than I am.😂

@geezerette 

Well, h_ll, I already know that! Woman LOL

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Oshare-girl wrote:

I am dreading the summer. It's already warming up here, into the 80s. 

@Oshare-girl 

Yeah, it's 80 degrees here today, but it's spring in New Mexico which means it could still snow before Mother's Day.

I jumped the gun and planted things that are doing splendidly, but one big freeze could take them out.

Right now they look happy.

Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
I am at my moms house this morning! Healthy Rocco is here!🙂 Nice change of pace for me. HEALTHY ANIMALS.
My DD is staying at my moms house because she stays for free here too and takes care of Rocco. She did get a job at Texas Roadhouse. Waiting tables. Forgot to tell you all.🙂 She likes money too...

Obviously I don't like Blob fish and never want to see him again..🤣
Feeling better today🙂 Yes,I lost two more things I loved.
I'm glad I did have them...and loved them. It was good.❤

We are in SPRING and my backyard is greening up. Flowers very soon. Willow is turning green and looks great!!!
Everybody try to hang loose today!
Brisk out for now and will by lottery ticket🤣🤣

@Brisky 

Whenever I was in a position that required hiring people, I always looked for restaurant, retail and military experience.  All three teach you how to deal with people and multitask.

My mother raised us by herself and she waited tables.  She was so good that customers would wait just to be seated in her station.

These are the jobs that prepare you for life.  You get to know people and you learn to anticipate and respond accordingly.  They help to develop so many different skills.

Tell DD to never walk the floor without something in her hand, like a rag or a pitcher of water.  Always be ready to fill a glass and don't forget to seal the deal at the end.  When people are ready to leave, don't disappear.  They want their check and they want to go home.  Don't hold them hostage.

And don't tell customers your woes or b_tch about the restaurant.  But do feel free to recommend a different dish when they want to order one that you know s_cks.

Honored Contributor

Ah...

Who is Virtual Bee Influencer "B"? — VirtualHumans.org

So... six-hour class is over, I'm home and I can relax now.

A glass of Salice Salentino (or two... or three) and a dinner that involves sauteed zucchini, ahi tuna and gallo pinto.

I felt horrible last night and this morning and I dreaded going to this class -- but it turned out okay.

The night is mine!  (To eat dinner and pass out on the couch.)

I'm going to get into fat clothes (that's what I call the items I sleep in -- clothes that are now too tacky to wear in public) and just enjoy what's left of the day.  Which isn't much.

Honored Contributor

If I had 3 glasses of wine I'd be flat out JRUNK.

Honored Contributor

@just bee  What kind of class?  I must've missed the post.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

If I had 3 glasses of wine I'd be flat out JRUNK.

@Lucky Charm 

My trick is to use a very large stemmed glass and fill it very conservatively.

FAWLES Artisan Crystal Red Wine Glasses Set of 6, 24 Ounce Laser Cut Rim  Stemmed Clear Large Wine Glass Set, Housewarming / Anniversary / Wine Gift  Set