Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- April 2021 Edition

[ Edited ]

I'm grateful that it's 54 degrees in Albuquerque. Woman Very Happy

Sorry -- couldn't resist.  But I'll be punished in a couple months, trust me.

Education is source of irritation.  Something is just not working and few seem to care.

Oops -- there I go, complaining again! Woman LOL

Funny, there's another feel good fuzzy friendly huggy bear thread.  All hugs and kisses.

But then there's that one line.

And boy it works BOTH ways.  Especially now.

"But I can't say any more".

You just have to pick and choose where you want to read.

Honored Contributor

@just bee  We leave coastal (N) Carolina for southern Jersey Shore in anywhere from two weeks to a month from now.

My parents stay at our house (it used to be theirs!) and take care of everything.  Yard, cats and house.  It's one floor living for them.  My dad still loves his beach.

We drive up and stay the summer.  Last year we stayed until after the holidays.  Just to be able to spend more time with family up there. 

I have a sister close by (well, an hour away) and our oldest is about 2 and half hours away.  Our daughter comes up for a couple weeks during the summer.  She has inlaws that live on the island year round.

No one stayed with us for overnighters last year.  Somehow we made it work.  Went visiting, broke bread, but followed all precautions.  No one in my family got sick and I'm so thankful.  And not all had the luxury of working from home.  All my grandchildren still attended school (public and private).

Honored Contributor

hey all

made it church and back home safely. traffic going to church was light, coming home it was a race track. not much else,

tomorrow guys

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I'm grateful that it's 54 degrees in Albuquerque. Woman Very Happy

Sorry -- couldn't resist.  But I'll be punished in a couple months, trust me.

Education is source of irritation.  Something is just not working and few seem to care.

Oops -- there I go, complaining again! Woman LOL

Funny, there's another feel good fuzzy friendly huggy bear thread.  All hugs and kisses.

But then there's that one line.

And boy it works BOTH ways.  Especially now.

"But I can't say any more".

You just have to pick and choose where you want to read.

@Lucky Charm 

We've lost a few members of our hive but we don't want a mass exodus.  I'd like to keep a balanced hive and welcome all viewpoints. 

But sometimes one just has to vent! Woman LOL 

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

hey all

made it church and back home safely. traffic going to church was light, coming home it was a race track. not much else,

tomorrow guys

@viva923 

Did your church ever close?  Churches were part of the lockdown here.  I think they recently opened to 25% capacity.  I'll have to double-check.

It's always interesting to read these posts about people having dinner out or doing other normal things...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@just bee  We leave coastal (N) Carolina for southern Jersey Shore in anywhere from two weeks to a month from now.

My parents stay at our house (it used to be theirs!) and take care of everything.  Yard, cats and house.  It's one floor living for them.  My dad still loves his beach.

We drive up and stay the summer.  Last year we stayed until after the holidays.  Just to be able to spend more time with family up there. 

I have a sister close by (well, an hour away) and our oldest is about 2 and half hours away.  Our daughter comes up for a couple weeks during the summer.  She has inlaws that live on the island year round.

No one stayed with us for overnighters last year.  Somehow we made it work.  Went visiting, broke bread, but followed all precautions.  No one in my family got sick and I'm so thankful.  And not all had the luxury of working from home.  All my grandchildren still attended school (public and private).

@Lucky Charm 

That sounds wonderful!

It would be so nice to have a summer getaway to get away from the heat in Albuquerque.  But it's not as bad as the heat in Arizona.  Or Las Vegas.

And it's not humid.

Speaking of which... where's my rain?

Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
Education is huge to me, as well. Says the woman who seems to be a perpetual student. 🙄 I would get more degrees if I could - or if I could make myself do it. 😂

@bikerbabe 

Is there the constant push where you are?  I finished my third degree in 2015 and I just don't want another.  Don't want to be a practitioner.  Don't want to diagnose or prescribe.  If I did, I would have gone to medical school.

My first degree?  Tuition was $69 a quarter.  My third degree?  $1500 a class.

Respected Contributor

Hi Ladies.  Just popping in to say hello.  I hope you are all doing well. nothing much to really say except when is the spring weather coming?  I am a cold weather person but am ready for some spring like weather to come and stay.  There is talk about going back in the office sometime this year and I am not sure how I feel about that.  I just don’t see spending hours in traffic anymore.  I guess I will get back in the swing of things. 

Now I really wish I invested in bitcoin.  Not that I really understand it all or how it is even legal but geez what a miss. Could have been a multi millionaire or even billionaire.  So crazy.  Only in these crazy times can that exist.  

Anyhoo, I will be back to catch up.  Just thought I would pop in for a second, hope you all have a nice day. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aprilskies wrote:

Hi Ladies.  Just popping in to say hello.  I hope you are all doing well. nothing much to really say except when is the spring weather coming?  I am a cold weather person but am ready for some spring like weather to come and stay.  There is talk about going back in the office sometime this year and I am not sure how I feel about that.  I just don’t see spending hours in traffic anymore.  I guess I will get back in the swing of things. 

Now I really wish I invested in bitcoin.  Not that I really understand it all or how it is even legal but geez what a miss. Could have been a multi millionaire or even billionaire.  So crazy.  Only in these crazy times can that exist.  

Anyhoo, I will be back to catch up.  Just thought I would pop in for a second, hope you all have a nice day. 

@aprilskies 

BH watches the market and he said just two days ago that he now realizes he knows nothing about it.  It's the same thing with business.  We used to talk about opening our own business and he did work for himself for a bit designing websites and doing all the "behind the scenes" programming for some known and unknown companies.  When social media became the thing, he gave up that work.  We had both worked in technology but our opinion of it has changed over the years.

We talked about opening a brick and mortar -- maybe a restaurant.  Other people would create a product or open a business and he'd say, "That can't possibly work -- it's too stupid."

I tried to explain the pet rock phenomenon to him.  He now realizes that he doesn't have his finger on the pulse of the average consumer.  He doesn't understand what they want or how they think.  Because it's just not what he wants or how he thinks.

And the same with the market.  Things appear and he has the opportunity to invest.  But then his rational mind kicks in: But this is stupid.  There's no way.  And days later the value has quadrupled.

Although I do think he has a bit of Bitcoin (B).  Unless, of course, he got rid of it because he thought it was stupid. Woman Wink

P.S. If you ever meet him, don't mention GameStop.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aprilskies wrote:

There is talk about going back in the office sometime this year and I am not sure how I feel about that.  I just don’t see spending hours in traffic anymore.  I guess I will get back in the swing of things. 

@aprilskies 

My sister and her husband wanted to leave the San Francisco Bay Area decades ago.  They had a bunch of kids and they needed a larger home.  And they really wanted to raise them in a different place.

Like many who followed, they moved far away from Silicon Valley and commuted from their home which was now far away.

In the beginning, it was good.  Maybe an hour to commute.  Then, as more people left Silicon Valley and moved further away, the commute became two hours.

Before he retired, he was driving three hours each way.  I'll let that sink in.

Of course, with the gas prices in California, he had to buy the smallest car he could find.  He himself was not small.  His body shape over the years, because he squeezed himself into a small space and was hunched up over a steering wheel for six hours a day, changed dramatically.  And he has some health issues because that also affected his diet and other daily functions.

There is no way on earth that I would ever consider a commute like that.  I sat in Bay Area traffic when I had my first job out of college.  After less than a year and a half, I left.  My car died on the way home one day and that began the thought process.  Why is it taking me over an hour to drive seven miles?

This might explain my peculiar jobs and career choices over the years.  Great opportunities would arise but then I'd think about the commute.

It's one reason I work nights today.  At night, the traffic is going in the opposite direction.