Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- April 2021 Edition

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@rnmom wrote:

@just bee wrote:

I was a little surprised when I saw that the average American woman now weighs 170.6 pounds and is 63.7 inches (almost 5 feet, 4 inches) tall.

I've been fretting over my recent weight gain but now I feel I can relax a little.  I weigh less than 170 and I'm taller than 5 feet, 4 inches.

Best Anime Dancing Bee GIFs | Gfycat

But now I have incentive to not be average.

@just bee - That's a high weight for that height. But I can't say I'm surprised. I was not too far off from that when I started dieting over a year ago and I'm less than 5'4".

@rnmom @just bee, yep, that’s me, average, just add an inch. 😓  But I just lost 6ish lbs so I guess I am no longer average. 🥳🥳🥳. I don’t know if I will maintain this weight loss because I know I am not losing it correctly but I will try not to revert back to old habits nonetheless and hold out for the long run.   

I have 30ish lbs altogether as my goal.  Whatever feels good.  I have been this heavy for so long I actually forget my good weight. But I don’t have a number in my head, I just want to fit back in the majority of my clothes. 

It it was nice to see the scale go down.  I really couldn’t get it to budge. 

@aprilskies 

Yay!👏🎉

That's terrific news.  And once you get started losing, it seems to be easier to keep going.  Those first few pounds are the hardest to get off.  And the longer they've been there, the harder it is to get them off.  (At least that's how it seems to me.😖)

I also think you're right about not having a "target" weight, and to go more by how you feel than a number on a scale.  That's something I need to adopt.  I want to get to a certain number thinking I'll look and feel better automatically, which isn't necessarily true.  Especially as I age.  Some days I feel okay and get on the scale and am still horrified at how much more I weigh than what I'd like to.  And other days it's the opposite.

It's a process, for sure.

@geezerette 

@aprilskies 

@rnmom 

Obesity is another risk factor for COVID.  But what is obese to me may not necessarily be obese to you.  We throw that word around a lot but are really not specific about our meaning.

There's a difference between overweight and obese.  Either way, it's a good idea to keep weight under control at our ages to keep blood sugar in check and to keep the extra stress off our tired bones.

Our goal for 2021 should be: Travel lighter.

@just bee 

Funny you should mention this.

Of the few people I know personally that have had it here, I'd say at least half of them are overweight to "obese".  I agree the term is subjective.  

"Obesity" is a huge health problem here.  It leads to other huge health problems.  It's generational.  But I think it might be worse now than a generation or two ago.  The improvement in health care and education about health is offset by bad living habits.  

And I've noticed those habits aren't confined to this rural society.

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

hello all

THANKS EVER so much Brisko about auto stamp, it seems all i can say is the same stuff every day, that is why i use that term, just one of my odd sayings.

quiet tonight, watching t.v. dvr'ed show. ok guys later

@viva923 

Actually, I find it comforting that someone has some consistency in their life nowadays.

❤️

Respected Contributor

Brisk back in the hive.... I am going to Sam's Club and stock up on new capris. Black, of course. I could use some good light weight long sleeves T shirts too. The sun here in summer is brutal .. I always wore sleeves in CO because of the sun. I also wear sunscreen on my face and neck and shoulders because I burn up with a quickness here... I have never been into getting a tan...
I know I just fry....I used to wear sweaters as a child because one time after frying for a day I was so burned I started wearing sweaters in summer to avoid the sun.
I guess in the 1960-1970's nobody wore sunblock. That was my solution. Sweaters....in 105 degree weather.🥵
I guess a kid has to do what a kid has to do....sounds strange when I look back on it all.🙄
Hope all is well where your at.....
Take care everybody.....
Brisk out and going to buy LOTTERY ticket, darn it all🙂
We need VACATIONS!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

I would like to add @Mz iMac to go with us....No,I don't know her ar all...She's darned funny though...🙂😅😅😅
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

And everyone in our hive should be happy to know that the bees will all bee relocated, not destroyed.

@geezerette 

Hope the move is successful. Heart

@just bee 

It was!

There was a follow up story this morning that mentioned all the bees just flew right into the keeper's box and are now safely relocated.  Guess he must have found the Queen.

F0F538F9-C0F2-4B87-AFAC-F8638A25A8B6.jpeg

@geezerette 

The Queen.

This insect influencer is saving the bees | Living

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

Like that picture Queen, LOL! After I WIN, can we all bee QUEENS?....for just a little while?
Respected Contributor

PLEASE, We are humble subjects of your court or Hive of course.
Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
I would like to add @Mz iMac to go with us....No,I don't know her ar all...She's darned funny though...🙂😅😅😅

@Brisky 

But is she brave enough to enter...

THE HIVE?

Fiber is BAD!!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
PLEASE, We are humble subjects of your court or Hive of course.

@Brisky 

Yes... you are all humble bees. Heart

Animated gif about cute in flowers by ipomea on We Heart It

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@viva923 wrote:

hello all

THANKS EVER so much Brisko about auto stamp, it seems all i can say is the same stuff every day, that is why i use that term, just one of my odd sayings.

quiet tonight, watching t.v. dvr'ed show. ok guys later

@viva923 

Actually, I find it comforting that someone has some consistency in their life nowadays.

❤️

@geezerette 

Ain't that the truth!