Respected Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- April 2021 Edition

What is and auto stamp? Somebody please help me. 😕
Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
I think justbee and BH and WGD got out just in time! My Grandfather was fire chief in Lincoln NE for many years back in the 1940's. He always drilled us about exit strategies. I think he saw alot of heartache over the years. He never really talked about what he saw...... There were times my mother told us ....He would just come home and cry....So yes, fires are unpredictable and deadly....Get Out...
Anybody seen geezerette?🧐 I hope no migraines!
Anyway, Brisk out today and feeling groovy...🙂

@Brisky 

Me!  I've seen her!😆

I'm here, just not very talkative yet today.  I had a lousy day yesterday and it was made worse when I got home and found out a friend's husband just died after battling cancer the past year.

He was 56.

2D639DEE-D827-4661-B0A2-FF6EDD265465.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:

@Brisky 

If you're referring to @viva923's comment that she needs an "auto" stamp, I take her to mean that she does pretty much the same thing every day, so she needs a stamp that she can just post with one click instead of having to type out the same thing every day.

But we all love hearing what she does every day!  Even though it makes me feel like a slug...

D0F0F28E-63E9-4D3E-9574-5F3C95937F6B.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:

I think @viva923  means that she wouldn't have to type out *laundry, walk,* etc. every day. 

The same would be for me!

Respected Contributor

Hey geezerette, Sorry to hear about your friends DH. That is too young. She might need some help to get through this sad time. Glad your her friend.❤ You never know about how bad these things can get. I know you have walked in her shoes.❤ I am sorry she lost her partner. ...the biggest loss of all. I guess the best thing we can do in the bad times is just be there for them. Words can only take a person so far...when a heart breaks it breaks all the way...There are no words for that heart ache.....❤❤❤
Honored Contributor

@geezerette 

So sorry to hear about your friend.Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@just bee 

Wow!  I guess the fire happened during the daytime/daylight hours which helped you and your husband get out safely.  Were you able to run in and get anything once you were aware of the fire?

If an alarm went off right now, it's easy for me to sit here and know what I'd grab--only because it's a few feet away from me.  Of course, thinking about it, everything in this house is of some value to me--even if just for it's function.

I have 2 cats that I don't even know how I could get them out.  We can't pick them up, that would freak them out and they'd probably run towards the danger!

I know that putting out a fire can cause a lot of damage, too.

So scary to think of.  

@Lucky Charm 

We had just been in that truck, running errands and taking the dog to the park.  It caught fire after we were home, cooking dinner.  We started smelling something weird and it wasn't what was on the stove.  The dog didn't alert us because he was focused on what was happening in the kitchen.

BH went off to try to find the source of the smell and he opened the door to the garage.  When he saw smoke and flames, he slammed the door and got me and WGD out to the backyard.  The stove was still on, of course.

We talked to people who had trucks that caught fire while they were inside them.  If we had been driving, the dog might have panicked and there was the chance we wouldn't have been able to get him out of the truck.  Or he might have jumped out of the truck into traffic.

That scenario would have been worse.  And then there's the one where we're all asleep at night and the truck catches fire.

So, as bad as it was, it could have been much worse.

Here's a tip.  If you have locks on your gates, make sure they're combo locks so you don't need a key to open them.  BH had to pick me up and push me over a retaining wall and I fell.  Then he handed me the dog.  By the time BH got over the wall, he had injured his arm from all the weird lifting.

Now we have combination locks.

Once the fire was extinguished we were able to go in with the firefighters an assess the damage.  Grabbed a few things and went to a hotel.  Grabbed clothes, toiletries, kibble, tea, tea kettle, peanut butter -- weird stuff.

Then realized that what we grabbed was contaminated by the soot.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@Brisky wrote:
I think justbee and BH and WGD got out just in time! My Grandfather was fire chief in Lincoln NE for many years back in the 1940's. He always drilled us about exit strategies. I think he saw alot of heartache over the years. He never really talked about what he saw...... There were times my mother told us ....He would just come home and cry....So yes, fires are unpredictable and deadly....Get Out...

@Brisky 

Me!  I've seen her!😆

I'm here, just not very talkative yet today.  I had a lousy day yesterday and it was made worse when I got home and found out a friend's husband just died after battling cancer the past year.

He was 56.

@geezerette 

And the hits just keep on comin'! Woman Sad

Fifty-six is definitely too young.  I'm sorry you have yet another thing to deal with.  I know you'll be there for your friend. Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Thanks for all your kind thoughts everyone.❤️

You guys are the best!

Of course, we all knew that, didn't we?😉

67E8BE17-CC77-4465-BDD4-DF6E895B137C.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@Brisky wrote:

@Brisky 

Me!  I've seen her!😆

He was 56.

@geezerette 

And the hits just keep on comin'! Woman Sad

Fifty-six is definitely too young.  I'm sorry you have yet another thing to deal with.  I know you'll be there for your friend. Heart

@just bee 

Boy, you got that one right on!

My problems are minuscule in comparison.