Honored Contributor

The Bee Hive -- April 2021 Edition

Welcome to The Bee Hive!

Fortnum and Mason Chelsea Garden Yes that is gold plated roofed bee hive  Image by Culinarialibris | Chelsea garden, Bee garden, Honey bee garden

We already have a Bird’s Nest and a Back Fence here, so we thought the addition of a beehive would be appropriate.  To maintain the current two-word format, we chose The Bee Hive.

It’s a place where all are invited to chat about almost anything.

Join us! 🐝

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- April 2021 Edition

Hey, all you HEPcats and HEPdogs!  We had discussed making the Healthy Eating thread a monthly jam session, so I just went ahead and did a little improvisation.

This is an invite to our crazy crib where you can come and break it down! I say we go 18 karat on this and really swing.  If healthy eating’s not your bag, no problem.  But if it is, I dig.

It’s cool, I’m booted, let’s jump!

Dog jazz - Reeds gallery - Paintings & Prints, Animals, Birds, & Fish, Dogs  & Puppies, Other Dogs & Puppies - ArtPal

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It got a little chilly last night so I checked on my new container plants (dianthus, columbine, snapdragon, phlox, bee balm, salvia, penstemon, hyssop and winter savory) when I got home this morning.  A couple looked a little stunned, but I think they recovered when I went out to water them this afternoon.  Cooler temperatures this week but it looks like we'll be in the 80s this weekend.

This is the First Bee Influencer in the World - PlayJunkie

The rule here is to avoid planting until after Mother's Day to be safe, but most of us fall for those little green plants as soon as they hit the stores.

Hope to find some affordable geraniums while I still have pots and soil.

10 Facts About Geraniums Gardeners Should Know | Southern Living

Honored Contributor

Geranium Paintings | Fine Art America

Potted Geraniums by Linda Jacobus | Potted geraniums, Geraniums, Flower  painting

Linda Jacobus Art

Honored Contributor

Ahhh Healthy Eating Plan.  Had no idea about some HEP references before!

I've lost about 9 lbs in the last month!

Was easy.  Gave up my bowl of cereal in the morning.  Had no idea it was 50 grams of carbs!!!  Raisin Bran.  I would also have a bowl as a snack to avoid something *bad*.  Joke was on me.

Also gave up my (Biscoff's) cookies.  Couldn't eat just 3 or 4....so stopped buying them.

Also, stopped with the olive oil.  I could easily go thru a 1/4 cup a day......

Not missing any of it, to be honest.

It's only Wednesday and it seems this week should be over already!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Esteemed Contributor

I need to give up my ice cream.Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Geranium Paintings | Fine Art America

Potted Geraniums by Linda Jacobus | Potted geraniums, Geraniums, Flower  painting

Linda Jacobus Art

@just bee 

😍

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Was easy.  Gave up my bowl of cereal in the morning.  Had no idea it was 50 grams of carbs!!!  Raisin Bran.  I would also have a bowl as a snack to avoid something *bad*.  Joke was on me.

Also gave up my (Biscoff's) cookies.  Couldn't eat just 3 or 4....so stopped buying them.

@Lucky Charm 

Sorry about that.  You only have to ask if there is anything we may reference you don't understand.  "Hey you people, what the heck are you talking about?!", or something similar, tends to get our attention.😄

Good for you for losing so much in one month!👍

I agree that carbs are big contributors to weight gain.  And they're so easy to overeat--especially the ones that are the worst for us!

But you're certainly a better woman than I giving up olive oil.  I could never do that!🙀

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

I need to give up my ice cream.Woman Sad

@Snoopp 

Yeah, ice cream is a tough one.  Sugar and fat together--the best!  And my downfall every time.  Thankfully I only am tempted by ice cream when the weather is hot.  Which means I'm going to have to watch myself soon.

Now the cream in my coffee that I've been allowing myself all winter is another matter altogether...☕️

1BE3793E-5943-4A86-AE7C-65F9BCA4198D.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@Lucky Charm 

That's what I need to lose! Woman LOL

I haven't had a bowl of Raisin Bran in ages, but I still remember the texture.  Breakfast cereals have a certain texture that's hard to give up.

Good job! Heart

And, yes, this week should be over already.  Last night was like two and a half weeks. Woman Mad