Honored Contributor

hello to all my friends.

all aboard, am on lets rock and roll

thanks for all good wishes for surg.

surg went well, only 30 min's just local. doc told me, stick (numbing stuff) that area is so dead he could have done it without any numb stuff. didn't feel anything.

am allowed to walk on foot in house, do my own thing here. doctor told me I could do anything I wanted around the house (doc told dh the same thing). doc knows I don't sit still for nothing.

doc did find some bony cartilidge in the area,removed that, he also filed down some bone in my large toe. Doc said that my loose toe which is NOT fused is in a shape of the U. up at fused ball joint,bottom of toe and up 10 degrees at tip of toe, so  bottom of big  toe gets the weight of everything that is why it rubs on anything and everything causing major break down of skin and everything else. doc is so hoping all the work he did will work otherwise the big toe will have to be fused which will be major surg and off foot for up to 6 months.not what I want.ok now we wait and see. can't get foot wet for 1 week (was given an inflatable foot protector to use for week. also got a script for pain killers (I don't like them so not sure if i will get filled, have so little feeling in that area will i be in pain unknown). doing ok yet, not pain, just a throb every now=then.

it is so muggy today,can cut air with knife. got rain showers roll thru

ok guys will check in later..

Honored Contributor

New season, New cafe. Anyone have vacation plans?

Honored Contributor

@viva923  Glad to hear you are out of surgery and home so soon.  Hope all heals as it should and all will be pain free.

Honored Contributor

Re: The Beach Cafe

[ Edited ]

@AuntG  DH is off work the first week of July.  That is my birthday present from him.  I think all that is planned may be just day trips.  I was hoping one day we would make it up past Duluth and the North Shore.  I checked with our favorite vacation spot and there are no rooms available. Oh well, I hate the thought of boarding the dogs and the expense that goes along with that. We will stay home on the 4th.  

How about you?  Any vacation plans?

Honored Contributor

35807861_1568101973300970_8721089424202399744_n.jpg

Honored Contributor

35834425_2003844286292825_4207209732479385600_n.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: The Beach Cafe

[ Edited ]

duke kahanamoku weather GIF

Welcome @AuntG@meallen616@I am still oxox@SurferWife. Thank you for joining us at the beach. We hope to see you often.

@SurferWife Don't you live in Hawaii?

@AuntG No vacation plans here as yet. How about you?

@I am still oxox Enjoy your time on Martha's Vineyard.

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

@Sassy7356 wrote:

@AuntG  DH is off work the first week of July.  That is my birthday present from him.  I think all that is planned may be just day trips.  I was hoping one day we would make it up past Duluth and the North Shore.

=======================

@Sassy7356 we also take day trips or short weekend getaways. I was so surprised to see the terrain in Duluth. Those houses on the hills made for a beautiful picture. Would have sworn the streets went straight up. I'd love to drive back in the fall.

Honored Contributor

@possummink @AnikaBrodie @lulutoby I'm so happy you like the new summer thread. With the temperatures the way they seem all over, I thought the beach a perfect theme.

@AnikaBrodie I love that story about Alfie and the outside chair.Heart

@lulutoby How is Lulu today?

@possummink Thank you for the cool drinks. I think it's going to be that kind of summer for us down south.

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

@viva923 I'm glad the surgery went so well and you aren't restricted to moving around in the house. Don't overdo though! Take a rest once in awhile.

I'm glad you were able to catch the train on it's way through to the beach.Smiley LOL

bee at the beach GIF