Contributor

The Amazon Fire 7, sorry I got it!

Ugh, I ordered that Amazon Fire that was $40, it came and I got it going. So i try to download some free games such as Candy Crush and download Facebook, even thought they are free downloads it won't let me download unless I enter my personal info and a credit card. If I would have known this I would have never ordered it! Anyoone know how to bypass this? It says something about 1 click, I don't want to enter my credit card if I'm not going to purchase any apps, I just want to free games and Facebook. This tablet is probably going back.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Amazon Fire 7, sorry I got it!

Most apps have the ability to make in-game purchases.

Since you said that you play Candy Crush, surely you have seen where you can buy tokens, or game pieces.

Just because it's there, doesn't mean that the player will buy the tokens/game pieces.

When I bought my Kindle directly from Amazon, to activate it, I too had to supply a credit card in case I were to make any purchases from games, etc.

You can always buy a gift card and give them that number.

Just put a few dollars on the gift card, and it should be fine.

You are going to find this to be the case no matter if you buy a Fire, Kindle, IPad, tablet, etc.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Contributor

I've purchased several tablets from QVC, all I did was download free games from the Google Store App, no purchase was ever necessary for anything I downloaded that said free download.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've owned 3 Samsung tablets...never had to give a credit card to activate it. I don't blame you for being frustrated but I think there is a way to circumvent that. Perhaps look for fine print or call customer service. No customer service contact info? Send back.

Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ.  I believe the OP is referring to being required to post a credit card to use certain apps, not to activate her tablet.  So many "free" apps aren't so free anymore.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

Activation was fine, but I had to create an Amazon account. It seems that to download even the free apps I have to use "1-click", I don't want to put my credit card on there just to get free apps. This tablet is a real PIA!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NjsKillingme 

Amazon has it's own app store. It is smaller than Google's. When d/l any Amazon app, you get a receipt. It is considered a purchase. You need a payment method.

Many moons ago, QVC sold inexpensive tablets. They were horrible. I felt sorry for the customers. Amazon products are good quality and a fair price at the Q.

I want to LOL. where can you buy a quality tablet for $40?

Respected Contributor

Fires and kindles are linked forever to amazon. They share the same username and password and account. When you "buy" an app or ebook with your tablet, even if it is free, you are using your Amazon account. Amazon fulfills the order.

If you signed into amazon, your purchase history will show your tablet purchases.

You need to find a credit card in case you do purchase something for not-free from tablet or Amazon website.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

just to give you another perspective I have an Apple iPad and I have to have on record with the Apple store my credit card information.

Anytime I want to download an app, even free, I have to sign onto the Apple store that has this info stored. I think the reason is because there are so many people who have other people who use their devices and in the past children have gotten on and bought apps/movies/music, etc,  not realizing what they were doing.  

There is no option of not having a credit card on file. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, send it back or get a debit card and put $20 on it.  That will get you past the credit thing.