Esteemed Contributor

That 4-letter S-word...SNOW!

I live in upstate NY so I should be used to changeable weather. However, this week has been just too much. We've had heavy rain and plummeting temperatures. It's getting so cold that we've been told the weekend may end in snowfall. I know other parts of our country are really suffering, so I'm not asking for sympathy. I just wanted to vent.

Honored Contributor

Re: That 4-letter S-word...SNOW!

@Vivian@LOL!sorry but that is so ridiculous that you have to laugh it off.Hope you get some better weather next week.

Honored Contributor

I'm in WNY too and remember that it has snowed on Mother's Day - more than once!

Trusted Contributor

@Vivian

Right there with ya.....filthiest word in upstate ny's vocabulary! Enough already!!

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

Wow...  I checked the forecast for Rochester, where I have family, and see that snow showers are predicted for Monday and Tuesday, May 8-9.  They've already cut the grass two or three times.  I think Mother's Day, or thereabouts, is the latest it's ever snowed there.

Honored Contributor

Woman Wink Well be sure and get out there and get your picture taken with the newspaper in front of you with the date showing.   In years to come, what a story you'll have!!!!  Remember, make lemonade!! 

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Woman Wink Well be sure and get out there and get your picture taken with the newspaper in front of you with the date showing.   In years to come, what a story you'll have!!!!  Remember, make lemonade!! 

Unfortunately, @qualitygal, it's too common here to bother documenting!!!

Esteemed Contributor

We are having the same kind of weather here....depressing..

Honored Contributor

What are other parts of the country suffering with?  I call snow, if it's significant snow, suffering.  It's been cold, dreary and rainy here but nothing lower than the 40's.  I think we are safely past the snow but it did come close to freezing a night or two.  People were warned to bring their plants inside if they could.

Esteemed Contributor

Today in Arkansas, the sun is finally shining. The wind isn't howling anything like it did yesterday and I thank God we haven't had the flooding other people in this state have had to deal with.

I hate that anyone is having snow in May, unless they want it.