Honored Contributor

Thanksgiving shopping....done.

Between Peapod and Amazon Now, all my Thanksgiving food is in the kitchen.  I love grocery shopping online!  My two co-workers are off this week so there's no way that I could have gone out to grocery shop until after 4:30 and that's the last thing I would want to do after working a 10 hour day.  My guests are bringing the desserts but I'll make an apple pie and some lemon filled cupcakes  "just in case".  I'll cook the turkey and the lasagna (for my nephew who doesn't eat turkey) and the desserts tommorrow.   

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Thanksgiving shopping....done.

Some of us don't have online fresh food delivery but I am also done with TG shopping.  We did it yesterday and used a 10% coupon we got (Shingles and Flu vaccinations).

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I went to Trader Joe's and Costco yesterday. TJ's was like a regular Monday noontime. Went from there to Costco. Parking lot was more crowded than usual, but quick check out.

This morning last stop- local large grocery store to get my turkey and fill out the shopping list. Not crowded at all. 

Lovely day today, not as nice expected for tomorrow.

@chrystaltree :I would not want to go food shopping if I were in your situation.

Honored Contributor

We had food bought (just the two of us and no big meal deal) yesterday and I went this morning to stock up--on STOCK!  Cartons were $1.49 at local grocery, and got some $1.99 butter to freeze--a suggested on these boards!

Also got organic popping corn, KAF flour on sale, and that's about it!  Whew! 

Trusted Contributor

I too love online grocery shopping.  I cannot tell you how long it' been since I was in a grocery store....more than a year. 

Esteemed Contributor

Our family has 3 turkeys for the holidays.

My husband and my daughter get one each at their workplace. I earned enough

points at the grocery store and got a print out coupon for a free turkey.

So with 2 in the freezer, I offered one to a neighbor that helps my Mom out

often. She was thrilled and thanked me several times. 

So we are having one this Thanksgiving and will save the second for another

big dinner/holiday soon.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Between Peapod and Amazon Now, all my Thanksgiving food is in the kitchen.  I love grocery shopping online!  My two co-workers are off this week so there's no way that I could have gone out to grocery shop until after 4:30 and that's the last thing I would want to do after working a 10 hour day.  My guests are bringing the desserts but I'll make an apple pie and some lemon filled cupcakes  "just in case".  I'll cook the turkey and the lasagna (for my nephew who doesn't eat turkey) and the desserts tommorrow.   

Excuse me, working a 10 hour day? You seem to spend an awfully lot of time on these boards that you could be spending on work. No way do I believe you have ever worked a 10 hour day. However, I do know many of

us have worked 12 hour shifts. 

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Excuse me, working a 10 hour day? You seem to spend an awfully lot of time on these boards that you could be spending on work. No way do I believe you have ever worked a 10 hour day. However, I do know many of

LOL LOL LOL!!!!

Trusted Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@RetRN  You crack me up! I about killed over laughing!!!!

Trusted Contributor

@blackhole99 @RetRN @threecees  I agree.   Lots of women on the boards that work full time seem to have a lot of free time to post.   Also they are the same ones that tell others to get a life, take a walk, read a book etc.  Go figure.