Respected Contributor

Thanksgiving at The Back Fence - November 2019

OK, it is not too soon to be "thinking" about cooking that turkey - or whatever you all have for the big day.

I normally am NOT up this late but it has been another super hectic day. Winds continue and it was a bit chilly. Several more fires started today and one in San Bernardino started during the wee hours of today - had two friends who had to pack up quickly. They are back in the homes - that is fast - but have no electricity. Another friend borrowed a generator from someone they knew so one will have electricity now. It can take two outlets so they can also see TV. Total of four NEW fires today - that is just unheard of. Those Santa Ana winds are just terrible - these are the toughest I can remember.

Hope all have a great day tomorrow and sleep well tonight.

Honored Contributor

Re: Thanksgiving at The Back Fence - November 2019

Freddie @Winifred   The back fence looks good, thanks for getting us started.  I need to go over and set up the Bird's Nest as I am really tardy, even by my own standards.  Sometimes I get sidetracked Woman Embarassed

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Too cold to sit out and drink coffee and have a bagel - maybe later as it may get to 80 today. Winds still hanging on but so far today they are not the horrible Santa Ana winds - hopefully we are finished with those for this year - I am convinced it has been the worse year ever for those winds. Horrible.

Hope all have a great day - I put all the candy in the freezer - we shall see how it really holds up. Have been told it works great.

Honored Contributor

Well, I mentioned in July that the water rates went up for my community.  I got the 3 month bill yesterday and let's say I was glad I was sitting down when I opened it.

I babied the heck out of that silver maple out front after that tree surgeon did a number on it.  I watered it every time it got really hot.  Next summer, the tree is on it's own Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm tired and will sleep good tonight.  I was looking around in the upstairs bathroom medicine chest and cabinet drawers and I cannot believe I don't have a tube of Bengay Smiley Surprised  Another thing to add to this week's shopping list.

Most of the leaves are off the trees in the front yard and back yard.  The blister/wound on my right thumb joint (see pic below where arrow is pointing to MCP joint) hasn't healed from the last time I raked over a week ago.

Image result for MP thumb joint

I have some boney knuckles on my hand.  Not so much the knuckles in each finger, more like where the fingers attach to the rest of the hand and of course that darn thumb joint.

I digress.  It was chilly and the sun was shining so I fired up the lawnmower and worked for 3 hours straight.  I more or less vacuumed up the leaves so I had to empty the bagger attachment on the mower frequently (hence the desire for a little Bengay).

I'm glad that I did it.  I have 10 tightly packed lawn clipping bags ready for garbage day tomorrow.  I'll probably have to do some kind of follow up leaf activity one more time before it's over for the season.

I have a hot bath calling my name........

Trusted Contributor

Birdmama FYI use Biofreeze on aches and pain works great. Sorry this is so small,for some reason I can't Change  my font size today.

not feeling at all good. Don't want to bore you Wmy gastrointestinal  problems but going four times a day is not fun. Will not take these new meds unless absolutely necessary.

Honored Contributor

@Epicurean  I'm sorry that you are plagued with GI issues.  The GI tract is such a hard part of the body to treat.  I slept like the dead on Monday night Woman Happy  I was a little stiff when I awoke on Tuesday so I immediately started moving.  I used the wheelbarrow to roll 2 bags to the curb at a time.  It didn't want to push my luck.

Honored Contributor

Thanksgiving at The Back Fence - November 2019

I've mentioned many times that I have a fondness for Kmart and still shop there.  In September there was an article in the Detrot News and Free Press that 8 of the 11 Kmart stores in Michigan were closing.  The Kmart store closest to me was supposed to be 1 of the 3 remaining stores left open.

I just learned that my Kmart is closing.  Apparently the decision was slipped in before Halloween.  I know that many people gave up on Kmart years ago.  I know that many Kmart stores looked like all heck broke loose and I can understand why some folks didn't want to shop at Kmart.

That was not the case with my Kmart.

Image result for lady crying gif

Honored Contributor

My dental/vision COBRA insurance expired on Halloween.  I went shopping online and submitted an application for an individual dental/vision insurance policy with my former employer this past Monday.  I received my blue cross card (dental and vision) in the mail today.  Wow!  That was fast Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

How in the heck did I miss a day at the Back Fence Woman Surprised

Let's see, the boy scouts picked up the food drive food and the bag of recyclable cans that I left for them on the front porch yesterday.  The food goes to Gleaners Food Bank and the cans are to save money for some kind of camping thing that the scout troop wants.  It took me a year to collect 44 Canada Dry gingerale cans Woman Very Happy

Today I used the lawn mower to vacuum up the last of the leaves in the front and back yards.  Only took 2 hours this time and I have 4 bags. 

We're expecting 2-4 inches in my SE part of the state.  Folks in the counties that make up the top of the thumb of Michigan are under a winter storm warning - it scrolled across the TV.  There's 3 counties that should expect lake effect snow, some strong bands of snow and possibly 10 inches or more of snow.

I'll take the 2-4 inches, thank you very much Woman Frustrated