Respected Contributor

DS and DIL In the midst of cooking Thanksgiving Dinner for 10 of us.  Well, thanks to the wind their electric has gone out!  Change of venue - everything has to be carted to DDIL's mothers to finish cooking.  If it isn't hard enough to cook the dinner, now transporting is added. 

Well, we will all still be together, just at a different house!   DS and DDIL geared up to get it done.  One of the many things to be thankful for is our wonderful DS abd DDIL  GS and GDIL and DGD traveling to be with us today.  So thankful for our wonderful familyl.

Honored Contributor

Re: Thanksgiving Dinner Woes

Aren't you fortunate that you were able to change the venue on such short notice. AND the DDIL's mother had electricity.

Enjoy your family wherever you are. I bet you will talk about this in years to come.

Esteemed Contributor

That's awful..............one year my stove decided to quit after turkey was in and I suddenly realized nothing was happening after 2 hours.  Lukewarm turkey = bad news.

Couldn't get a reservation - Wegman's was out of carry-out-dinners - a Thanksgiving to remember.

Honored Contributor

"Stuff happens"  as they say.  It's good that there's somewhere they can go to finish the cooking.  It will be one of those Thanksgiving memories that every talks about in years to come.  Early in my marriage, my 2nd or 3rd Thanksgiving, our oven died on us.  It was an electric stove, I put the bird in before bedtime to cook all night and when I got up in the morning....the bird was practically raw.  My life flashed before my eyes....I had visions of serving my guests cheeseburgers...LOL   I called my mother to cry about it and Mum came to the rescue!  She was coming to my house for dinner but she'd cooked her own turkey dinner.  So, she just brought the turkey, cornbread and mac & cheese to my house.

Honored Contributor

@KathyM23 

Ya'll just made a happy Thanksgiving memory, LOL!

For years to come ya'll will look back and laugh about it!

Kudos to your DS &DDIL, for a quick recovery plan!

Enjoy your family on this special day, nothing else really matters..Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

It's good though that it's still early in the day and there's somewhere to go.  One year my sister was hosting and canceled at like 10am saying her husband didn't want anyone over with the baby sick.  It was a minor cold.  😕.  I ended up scrambling and pulled something together.

Honored Contributor

Since it is a day for rare treats and things you don't get very often, if it were me and the turkey thing fell through, I'd make a trip to the store and break out the bologna, fluffy white bread and REAL mayo!  

The beverage of choice would be Coke or milk.  Maybe the Coke for dessert. . . Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@KathyM23 

What a good outcome.

Hope DDIL’s Mother was OK with not being invited in the first place!  😃

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras