Honored Contributor

Thanks To Everyone For The Wonderful Support!

Thank you to all of my wonderful friends here for all the love and support.

I got home from the doctor appointment and called the boutique and corporate had put the job in incorrectly on the site!  It's actually a manager and asst. mgr position!

I'm so very disappointed since I wanted to be at that store more than any other!

Thanks again! and Hugs to all!

Honored Contributor

Re: Thanks To Everyone For The Wonderful Support!

Ah crud!  Smiley Sad    I'm so sorry.  Maybe what you're looking for will come up and you'll be at the top of their list.   *fingers crossed*

Honored Contributor

So sorry that job didn't work out for you, but like the saying goes, "When one door closes, another one opens"!

Maybe your 'dream job' will come to you in the near future!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@ECBG

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@ECBG, aww I'm sorry to hear that is wasn't the position that you wanted. Best of luck for the next time. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

It wasn't meant to be; just wait somethung better will come along!

Respected Contributor

Could you write a note to the new manager or drop by sometime and say you'd love to be considered if they have future openings?

Respected Contributor

@Ms X@ECBG

Sorry your dream job was done in by an incorrect job posting !!!

As a former retired career counselor ( one of many careers ), I know how difficult landing the next job, let alone the dream job, can be.  

As MsX suggested, I would recommend the letter approach:  use great stationary, Arial font, explain how excited you were to see the "job" post because ..........( here identify the 3 top criteria which would make you the best candidate for the position....), and how you could help their business grow / achieve whatever you think their objectives are.  For the last item, you need to do some research or discuss possibly with someone you have connected with in the boutique.

Keep a copy of the letter and most definitely hand deliver it to the manager or decision maker.  Keep in touch with them.  ( Since their business involves clothing, where something very professional that is in keeping with their business. ). Leave a business card with them.

There must be other boutique or similar stores around:  try your hand at networking with them.  At some point, every one has a job opening:  it's your job to be there before the opening occurs.  That's work!!!  

Good Luck.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

Could you write a note to the new manager or drop by sometime and say you'd love to be considered if they have future openings?

@Ms X*******Thank you for your kind suggestion.  I have spoken to this manager during the holiday season (she was doing seasonal and I was working elsewhere) and about seven weeks ago in addition to today on the phone.

Valued Contributor

So sorry it didn't work out.  There's some really good advice in this thread --  I'd follow it.  You are definitely a delightful person with a wonderful personality and you'll find something soon -- I'm sure of it.