Respected Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

Simplyfriends, your name says it all. Of course there are more important things in our lives. That's the whole point. We want to escape from the problems in life. Just to use myself as an example: my husband's Alzheimer's, my mother's serious health problems at the age of 99, my dog's terminal cancer. Then there's Covid, wars, famine, climate change...shall I continue? We come here to shop, to comment, to support, to inform, to laugh, to connect. To be simply friends.

Amen, sister! Aaaamen.

Esteemed Contributor

I have to say i am not surprised they are closing down....it has been heading towards that for the past two years or so.......shutting down subjects, closing posts, saying a poster is unkind or too political.  The first few years you could say just about anything..........but the Q has definitely

shown their own political side between this and other actions over the past year.  

Honored Contributor

Please join us on our new home on the proboards!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

I have to say i am not surprised they are closing down....it has been heading towards that for the past two years or so.......shutting down subjects, closing posts, saying a poster is unkind or too political.  The first few years you could say just about anything..........but the Q has definitely

shown their own political side between this and other actions over the past year.  

Yes. They have. As have many corporations. Not saying I agree or like it...I tune out whenever they start "preaching" on the latest "thing."

I believe it's just the way of business now...fall in line or fall behind. QVC is too busy covering all those bases now more than really having it's own identity and mission statement as a business that it lives up to. But again...way of the world at large and definitely of big business. Just my observation...I certainly don't claim to know all what's behind the way they are running the company now. Whatever, I figure....times change, my spending habits change...I don't need to just spend my time or money here if I don't like what I see anymore.

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe you stated what many of us are feeling. This was a way to connect with friends and it's been taken away.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

Simplyfriends, your name says it all. Of course there are more important things in our lives. That's the whole point. We want to escape from the problems in life. Just to use myself as an example: my husband's Alzheimer's, my mother's serious health problems at the age of 99, my dog's terminal cancer. Then there's Covid, wars, famine, climate change...shall I continue? We come here to shop, to comment, to support, to inform, to laugh, to connect. To be simply friends.

I often think of you @Vivian . It's been rough going for you and many others whose posts I've responded to over the years. I hope to see you over on the pro board site.

Trusted Contributor

@simplyfriends - WROTE:  WOW just WOW ... you really should walk away from your computer and take a deep breath. I like this forum also but there are things WAY more important @BalletBabe .

Right back at you!  With friends like you, who needs enemies?!

Respected Contributor

I think we are seeing Q going thru the early death symptoms.

QVC was resurrected by Covid....people shopping from home, lots of food offerings for people who didn't want to risk going out....

But...with re-opening starting, albeit slowly, businesses that got that boost due to Covid are starting to fray at the edges......and QVC was already an old model before the pandemic (TeeVee when streaming is the new viewing preference.....)

Anyway....it's kind of like that Le Creuset pot they sold yesterday....for HUGE amounts of food for your large family....

People seem to be moving AWAY from cooking...ordering out, ordering prepared boxed foods, and the idea of a huge family seems odd. I know a lot of younger folks are supposedly living at home, but even so....

Anyway....I think the Forums are the least of Q's problems. I bet the older hosts are glad they are at the END of thier careers with Q, having been there from the beginning when that mode of shopping was new, because I think Covid reopening will kill the Q.

I'm 65 and enjoy shopping on Q for SOME things. I compare on other sites before I buy anything and read reviews..

QVC's claim to fame came, in part, to "easy pay". Well, that payment model is now the HOTTEST new trend in spending....ALL companies are going to it, probably because more and more people don't want to charge a huge initial amount and get charged interest on the balance they don't pay off.

I watch the financial channels CNBC and Bloomberg* all day long. You can learn SO MUch about the economy and behind the scenes of WHY things are the way they are economically, not based on personality or politics, but on facts.

Recently there has been so much talk about the "new" model of payments being broken up and charged monthly like the Q did/does for ages. I wondered "so what? QVC has done this forever...as has HSN".....

Now it's mainstream. You can buy things on broken up payments on Ebay, Amazon, etc. Pretty soon they'll ALL be doing it.

Easy Pay was nice so you could get the product, know immediately if you want to keep it, and then only have to fight for ONE payment to be refunded. 

Anyway, rant over. 

Honored Contributor

@amyb 

I agree. 

I am seriously tired of companies (too many to name, but esp the NFL) preaching to me.  I don't need to be lectured to, enlightened or educated by a business OR their overpaid employees as is the case with the NFL.

I was very disappointed that QVC jumped on that bandwagon. 

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@amyb 

I agree. 

I am seriously tired of companies (too many to name, but esp the NFL) preaching to me.  I don't need to be lectured to, enlightened or educated by a business OR their overpaid employees as is the case with the NFL.

I was very disappointed that QVC jumped on that bandwagon. 

Absolutely. Feel exactly same.

On subject of NFL...Bf and his friend, who's a diehard NE Patriots fan...stopped watching, on principal two years ago. Hasn't looked back. These overpaid babies. Nuf said.