Trusted Contributor

I adore the Andy Griffith Show. My favorite episode is "Man in a Hurry," I also like "Three Wishes for Opie" and "Opie's Newspaper," (I think that's the name of it), where Opie and his friend overhear gossip in town and put it in their little newspaper then distribute it around town......

Valued Contributor

On YT recently, I'd come across many old movies AND many old, to old old shows. 

Remember (Cosmo) "TOPPER?"  (with the imp-ish Husb/Wife ghosts?)  LAUGHED til I hurt, watching those again!! 

@Foxxee      Thanks for this topic.. a GREAT REMINDER that these "delights" can be still available to us, even in these busy, often sad times!  TG for technology & generosity of ppl posting to YT!

Feelings are simply human
How we deal with, ..or express those feelings .. is our choice
. ~ . Please be kind . ~ .

Respected Contributor

Re: Tell Me About It

[ Edited ]

@TwinkleBell  I remember Cosmo "Topper", the husband and wife and their little dog. Was her name Asta? Were the husband and wife Robert Sterling and Ann Jeffreys?

I was a little girl, but I remember the show.

How about "My Little Margie", "Our Miss Brooks", "Life with Elizabeth" (Bless Betty White), "The Life of Riley", "I Remember Mama", "George Burns and Gracie Allen", "Father Knows Best", "Leave it to Beaver", "My Three Sons", "The Donna Reed Show", "That Girl", Bewitched"?

I love the old reruns of  "Andy Griffith".

Trusted Contributor

I like watching Leave it to Beaver, The Munsters and Welcome Back, Kotter.

Honored Contributor

We have Andy Griffith on every day and we watch it often!  We have seen many of the good shows that were on a year ago leave as these companies continue to charge us for some of the most horrible (right now it seems to be murder shows) all for a price.  No thanks, bring me comedies!!  When this started happening I said to DH that we eventually will have hardly anything to watch.  I mean we're already paying for this service.   So, even if they decide to rebroadcast "My Mother the Car" that's what we'll pick..... LOL!!

The world is kinda ugly right now, please bring us light, funny, fluffy comedies......   

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

Not even comedies, just some shows with an actual PLOT and decent content, like Twilight Zone. Lots of possibilities besides comedies.

Respected Contributor

@BoopOMatic  Twilight Zone was one of the best shows. Rod

Serling was so creative with those shows. Whenever we have an

all day marathon of Twilight Zone on New Years Day and Fourth of July, I watch them.

I thought that I had seen them all when they aired years ago, but this past New Years Day I saw acouple that I had not seen before.

Do you get the Twilight Zone Marathon Days where you are?

One Step Beyond was another good one. Alfred Hitchcock was another great talent and in addition to his movies, he had a his own show on TV. His stories were great

with their unexpected twist at the end.

One TV episode involved a leg of lamb as a murder weapon that was cooked and fed to the investigators of the crime.

Trusted Contributor

@TwinkleBell wrote:

On YT recently, I'd come across many old movies AND many old, to old old shows. 

Remember (Cosmo) "TOPPER?"  (with the imp-ish Husb/Wife ghosts?)  LAUGHED til I hurt, watching those again!! 

@Foxxee      Thanks for this topic.. a GREAT REMINDER that these "delights" can be still available to us, even in these busy, often sad times!  TG for technology & generosity of ppl posting to YT!

Topper was so good!  Haven't thought about that show in a very long time, but I loved it. Watched a favorite drama series every Friday evening at 8PM.....I Remember Mama. Sponsor was Maxwell House Coffee. Gosh, that was a million years ago. My all-time favorite comedies were I Love Lucy and Jackie Gleason's The Honeymooners.