Honored Contributor

Talk about great service! ......

I changed optometrists and on Wednesday afternoon - I went in for exam for new glasses.   He said a week to10 days until glasses are ready - which is the usual time it takes.

Well, today - less than 48 hours since the exam - glasses are ready.  II'll pick them up tomorrow!

Progressive / Transitions / polarized lenses in a really "snazzy" red frame.

Honored Contributor

Re: Talk about great service! ......

@ALRATIBA    Somehow I can visualize you in red frames.  I just got new glasses too, in pale lavender metal, but it took a week. The lenses weren't correct and they're being re-done.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA    Even in an "emergency" I have never gotten lens that quickly.  Doctor have his own lab?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, I wish I could say the same.    Took me 2 weeks to get the "wrong" glasses, and another 2 weeks for the replacement.   

Took 4 weeks for the "trial" contacts...which I'm supposed to wear for one week....then it will be another month to get my regular supply.

Yes...this is a "new" optometrist...seems all doctors leave the city for the burbs at a pretty fast rate around here.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@millieshops 

It's Cohen's Fashion Optical ... they are a franchise - similar to Lens Crafters and For Eyes. 

I've never used Lens Crafters (one friend has and recommends them, but none nearby).  I have used For Eyes a couple of times.  But - they moved uptown quite a few years ago - inconvenient location.

I've used both franchise and independent optometrists- and by far - franchise operations have much better service.

When I was a child (I've worn glasses since I was six years old) - my mother took me to place here in Manhattan that made eyeglasses in an hour .... appointment in the morning - go for lunch - and go back and pick up the eyeglasses.

---------------------------------------------------

@millieshops wrote:

@ALRATIBA    Even in an "emergency" I have never gotten lens that quickly.  Doctor have his own lab?

Honored Contributor

My husband is 3+ weeks out from his optical appt at the VA.  His glasses will come thru the mail.   

Respected Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

My husband is 3+ weeks out from his optical appt at the VA.  His glasses will come thru the mail.   

That chaps my hide. Our Veterens desrve 5 star service.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA   Will do a neighborhood check around here for Cohen's.  I've never tried them although I do remember seeing their ads.

I did order glasses once from Lenscrafters -  they had to be corrected and even the correction was wrong.  My eye health and vision have both deteriortated even more than that old experience, but I'm not going back.  I'm sure success depends upon who owns the franchise and who works for them.  That counts more than the name on the sign.   

PS  -  I've had a pair of red-rims for about 5 years now.  Hope you love yours as much as I do!  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My optometrist's office only had appointments that were far in advance and I wasn't happy with glasses that I previously had from Lens Crafters, so I thought I'd give Target's Optical a try.

It was a very good exam.The doctor took her time and was extremely informative. 5 days later my glasses were in, and they were great. I bought a blue Ralph Lauren frame there and then decided to get another Ralph pair in black in a slightly different style. I was fitted for the black frame on the West Coast and Target shipped the glasses to me at my new home on the East Coast.

Honored Contributor

Re: Talk about great service! ......update

I picked up my new glasses on Saturday morning and very happy with them and the personnel at Cohen's Fashion Optical. 

I've had progressive lenses previously - so nothing new  there.

BUT ... this is my first experience with Transitions and polarized lenses.

Absolutely fantastic!  Well worth the expense.