Honored Contributor

Besides being cooped up in the house because of the pandemic, we've had stormy weather all day which takes out our DirecTV signal any time there is significant rain in the area.  DH is sitting here eating supper and watching the screen scroll though a bunch of still ads of shows to watch.  I guess those are stored on the receiver.

Luckily, at least my internet is still working so I can continue to look for dead relatives.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

Besides being cooped up in the house because of the pandemic, we've had stormy weather all day which takes out our DirecTV signal any time there is significant rain in the area.  DH is sitting here eating supper and watching the screen scroll though a bunch of still ads of shows to watch.  I guess those are stored on the receiver.

Luckily, at least my internet is still working so I can continue to look for dead relatives.

@Icegoddess   Are you able to watch DVDs?  Unless the power is totally off, I am able to do this when Comcast goes ary

Regular Contributor

I feel your pain!  Last Thursday evening our power went off for a few moments.  When it came back on our TV and wifi did not.  We called immediately and soonest repair time was Monday morning.  3 days of boredom.  Could only see email on phone.  Ended up getting out some movies on dvd I hadn't seen in a long time.  And reading.  Not a good time to lose sources of in-home entertainment!

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Icegoddess   Are you able to watch DVDs?  Unless the power is totally off, I am able to do this when Comcast goes ary

@mousiegirl I don't have a DVD player. I do have recordd content on my DirecTV but DH doesn't like the same stuff I do so I usually watch that when he's away.  It's more background noise for me than anything else when I'm researching.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess I wish I'd known you were in that situation.  Free movies, some from 20 years ago, are free on you tube, plus out takes of Downton Abbey.

Honored Contributor

Re: Talk about Boring

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess wrote:

We had bad rain and wind storms here too but DirecTV went out only once for about 15 minutes.  I consider that lucky as it usually goes out during storms.  I try to keep a few things recorded so I can watch them when DTV goes out.