Super Contributor

@summergreen wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

They never were guaranteeing items in our cart for one hour.

It will be 'held' in your cart for one hour.  That does NOT insure yours is being held out of inventory.

Just means you will see it in your cart for one hour, then it moves below to saved items.

It can sell out by time you get completed.

I have had items in my cart....then went to watch the video.  While I was gone, my selection sold out.

There is nothing in print that says you  are assured that item will be held out of inventory for you for one hour.

I think this is correct @RespectLife .

Yes this happened to me this evening. I went back to check out & the item was gone so I think the above post is right.

Honored Contributor

I have had HSN run me through the entire ordering process, then when I'm all done they tell you its sold out.  This happens during clearance periods, so I tend not to shop their clearances anymore.  

Esteemed Contributor

Things put in your cart are not a guarantee that you will receive them. These items are not deducted from inventory and saved for you in particular. If someone comes along and puts the same item in their cart then proceeds to checkout, they are receiving this item as they outright purchased it, did not leave it sitting in their cart.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Taking from cart

[ Edited ]

This has happened to me too and don't recall it ever before occurring on qvc but on hsn yes.  Often times one is not ready to checkout immediately especially because you want to search qvc to see if a previous version had been sold and what the differences are.  Takes all the enjoyment out of shopping.  Also, though no one is physically removing an item from our cart it is the equivalent and to say otherwise is just not correct.