Trusted Contributor

Re: Take out/delivery safe???

I don't know if this is just a Michigan thing but they are calling today Take Out Tuesday to help our neighborhood small businesses.

I ordered take out for my family tonight from a local restaurant which does lots of good in our community.  On Thanksgiving for instance the restaurant is closed and they offer free dinner to anyone who needs it.  These are places which need to stay around.

They are also offering something which I think is neat.  On Wednesday they are having a Facebook live Kids in the Kitchen program.  You pick up a kit from their restaurant on Tuesdays then Wednesday the kids get fo follow along and cook.

Honored Contributor

I think take out and delivery food service is safe.  Restaurants must meet quality standards in preparing and serving food.  Department of Health surveyors regularly make unannounced visits to restaurants.  Results of their inspections are published in local newspapers.  If they are in compliance that is published. If they out of compliance that is also published and the specific deficit(s) is mentioned as part of their report.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

I live very rural area in upper MI (lower peninsula). We are still trying to support our local establishments. The owners are our friends. They are severely hurting. On Sunday, my dh and I went to our favorite restaurant that we go for breakfast every Sunday. We ordered take out and drove down to the beach on Lake Michigan and had our breakfast, sitting in our vehicle, overlooking our lovely lake. We certainly made lemonade out of lemons. Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I live very rural area in upper MI (lower peninsula). We are still trying to support our local establishments. The owners are our friends. They are severely hurting. On Sunday, my dh and I went to our favorite restaurant that we go for breakfast every Sunday. We ordered take out and drove down to the beach on Lake Michigan and had our breakfast, sitting in our vehicle, overlooking our lovely lake. We certainly made lemonade out of lemons. Heart

@ID2  I though most people were doing this for their towns.  All the people around here are. In fact most people in the town know the owners of all our establishments.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

I do so daily.  Still here w/o so much as a sniffle.    My Super Supreme pizza will arrive in 15 minutes from Pizza Hut.

@Mz iMac I'll be right there!!!  I love that or white pizza!!!Smiley Happy

Contributor

we've used it safely so far, good for the businesses to keep them afloat imho.