Honored Contributor

This letter came in the mail for us...specifically for DH.

One would need to know the person it came from.

He helped us through my lump sum teacher retirement paperwork...and didn’t charge! His mother was a teacher here and he knew “the system!” 

So, he helped me out of the goodness of his heart.

Interesting that he took such a time Father's Day to concentrate on.

DH has an eye condition that might be something or might be nothing...we don’t know yet. [he is somewhat devastated]

It was exceptionally wonderful yesterday that we/he received this note posted below.

86F8A7BE-B5B4-410E-941C-E2C7AF3D2F4E.jpeg

2D99863F-8F75-4D65-B1B0-6A3CC36C89CE.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: Take a moment for fathers!

@LTT1,  hope your husband's eye situation resolves in the best possible way.

Thanks for the shout out to fathers.  So many are persevering, hard-working, quietly sacrificial for their families, and setting the best example they can for the next generation.  I love to see them get recognition. 

Wishing all fathers, and those who love and still have their Dads, or greatly miss their late fathers, a peaceful weekend.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

Thank you so much.

I realized yesterday that I had never really thought about the contributions of GOOD MEN in my life.

Also, there can be quite a few discussions (I’d imagine) about man-bashing and sometimes I feel badly for those who may be trying to do good!

I dated lots before “finding” my special 👨🏻

Boy, those times were tough! [my 20’s]💙

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

This is a day to honor who quietly devote their lives to taking care of their families.  A good father teaches by example and is so important to the security and strength of the family bond.  

I am grateful for my DH’s devotion to his family, my DS’s devotion to his family.  And certainly my DF, who passed away so many years ago.  He was so caring and kind.

Honored Contributor

LTT1,

Thank you for posting this.  Several of the sentences describing this wonderful and caring father reminded precisely of why I have always loved, honored and held in high esteem my own father.  I still miss him even though he has been gone 40 years.  I am very aware of all the good he did for me in my life.  He was a beautiful soul.  My father was, perhaps, the best person I ever met in my life.  An incredible man. 

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately my family was not fortunate enough to have a man that wanted to be a father to his 4 kids. He preferred drowning his brain with booze as his choice. I remember little about him as he left when I was about 3.

I know many men that are great fathers, and I feel a huge majority of men that fathered a child, takes full responsibility for the life he helped create. Happy Father's  Day to all those great/responsible men.

I hope it turns out to be "the nothing" concerning your husband's eye. Have a nice weekend, I will as my wife will be coming home from her Pet Sitting Jobs. With 3 of them being butt to butt, she has not been home for over a month now. Whooopi !!!!

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

hckynut,

You must have had a really wonderful mother because you appear to be (on this forum) a wonderful and sensible human being.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Fathers are of vital importance to the family unit when it comes to raising children. @hckynut , your mother was clearly a great role model for you and your sisters. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, anyone who is or was the child of a good Dad should get down on their knees and thank their good Dad every day, not just Dad's Day. Those of us who were not so lucky, know how much we missed growing up. Heck, I'm old and I still dream about having a great Dad and the relationship we would have.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1  Thank you for sharing such a beautiful letter! Keeping your DH in my thoughts and prayers that his eye issues will be resolved safely and quickly. 

Wishing him and all father's a very.....

Image result for father's day calligraphy

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh