Honored Contributor

Re: Take Out is just not the same

We have quite a few local restaurants close by. Close enough that the food is still hot enough when it gets home. We can also choose delivery.

Respected Contributor

It has been hit or miss.  Some places are offering limited menus.  We have tried some new places that were offering delivery deals.  Our favoirte place has been closed since March. 

Honored Contributor

Who on earth thinks take out is like eat in?? I never have. I know what I'm getting when I do take out now. I know the food is going to be cool, soggy, and tastes nothing like being fresh out of the kitchen when I'm eating in the restaurant. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I have been cooking and buying food to fix at home for now. But hoping to try some take out soon!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

I've been mostly cooking because getting takeout is too much of a hassle.  And I would agree, the food just isn't the same.  We do periodically order trying to help out some local small businesses.

To get takeout I have to drive there, wash my hands as soon as I get back in my car from picking up the food or handling the bag.  Getting home, washing hands again, moving the food to our own plates, dispose of takeout containers, wash hands again, wipe down the surface where the containers were sitting while I transferred the food.    

Not to mention, there is a very, very long wait to pick-up food and many times a very long wait on the phone trying to order food.  By the time I go through all that, I can make my own food.

Respected Contributor

It is the same thing only your attitude is different.

Trusted Contributor

We did Cracker Barrel take out the other day.  It was just as delicious as eating in the dining area. 

We are the opposite.  We prefer take out because most places are just too noisy and most of all I don't have to cook. 

Honored Contributor

I think it's having to reheat it once it gets home.

The only take out we have gotten is Chinese food because it's really close and still hot once it gets here.

I don't think steak or burgers or even a sauced pasta is going to be as good once it's reheated.

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Who on earth thinks take out is like eat in?? I never have. I know what I'm getting when I do take out now. I know the food is going to be cool, soggy, and tastes nothing like being fresh out of the kitchen when I'm eating in the restaurant. 

@ID2   We like take out and use it. Food is still hot and it helps support our local restaurant owned by local people.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ID2 wrote:

school shut up GIF

We get amazing take out.  Never soggy or cool.  

Also leftovers gives time for food to meld flavors.

ONLY reheat in NuWave.