Honored Contributor

Re: TWO WEEKS AND STILL SICK

@arizona babe wrote:

@Calcgirl boy can I ever relate with you- I am 70 and live in Phoenix AZ- my son that lives with me had COVID for about 3 days, just fever but tested positive- 10 days to the day I was exposed to him I came down with diarrhea for 4 days, no fever no cough but just feeling horrible, first COVID test was negative (nasal swab)- I started developing pressure in my chest with burning so after 3 days of that I went to the ER- my chest x-ray was clean as a whistle except for some enlarged nodes- my CT with contrast showed nothing to include any blood clots- had only 3 lab values that were somewhat raised all pointing towards inflammation and probably a virus- they swabbed me again and that COVID test also came back negative or I should say undetected- they told me the nasal swabs are only about 65% accurate- so the ER doc said I should just go on the assumption I have the COVID and treat accordingly- however in 2 weeks I am having a stress test for the chest pain per my cardiologist- my gut is still not working the way it should, just slow to start daily bowel habits- so I give up you do what you can, you get tested and they still don't know- so many symptoms of this disease- all I can say is this year just sucks - everyone wear a mask, social distance and stay home unless you have to go out- prayers to everyone- I am feeling better everyday but who knows what the future may hold with issues from this virus

My LO's symptoms were very similar to yours, @arizona babe a And she was actively ill for 3 weeks almost to the day. We accept your prayer for her and cheeringly reciprocate.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you all for the kind words. Three days straight that I am feeling much better. Today there was no fever!  Still very tired which is expected with the recovery from any illness.

Super Contributor

I hope that you are feeling better soon!! Heart

Honored Contributor

@Calcgirl   Glad you are feeling better, but not totally up to par.  In due time, hopefully.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Calcgirl I am sorry that you are going through this, but  you appear to be taking good care of yourself.  Your doctor seems to be on top of everything, so follow his orders.  Get plenty of rest, drink fluids, eat well, and do not rush out anywhere.  You probably have no idea where you came in contact with the virus, so just be very careful.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

SOOOO sorry! Thinking of you. Please keep us posted!!!

TOOOOOOOOOO many selfish people in this country!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Calcgirl wrote:

I became ill June 30th, a day before my 72nd birthday with Covid symptoms.  I tested negative with the deep nasal test, but my doctor believes that is what I have. He said the nasal test is not very accurate and gives a high percentage of false negatives.  The saliva test is more accurate but more difficult to find test centers that perform this test because it is more expensive.  I am too ill to go running around to become a data number.  My chest feels heavily weighted as if my lungs were made out of cement, I have a fever, achy throat and upset stomach to name a few of the symptoms.I feel like ******.  Still can breath so thats good. doctor oredered a chest x-ray to see if I also have pnuemonia.  Yes, I wore a mask and seldom went anywhere. Also gloves and sanitizing is my middle name.  But as the doctor pointed out if I came in contact with somone WITHOUT a mask I had a 60 plus percent of still getting the virus.  So I thank all of those people who feel it is their right not to wear a mask to jeapordize my health and possibly my life.  I live in Az.

I am so sorry that you've been ill, and that you've been feeling so unwell.

I'm hoping and praying that you feel better as each day goes by. Heart

I have posted before that I think that I probably had the Covid virus too, probably back in March--maybe Feb. too, when I had Bronchitis both times.

I had difficulty breathing both times where I went to Urgent Care and received treatment and medications, but in March, I had more symptoms associated with the virus.

We didn't have any testing available in my area yet, and this was also before we were all encouraged to wear masks, too.

I have Asthma, and normally it's mild. Since I was sick in March, my lungs are still easily irritated by fumes, cleaners, chemicals, cigarettes, etc.

I'm still using a dual inhaler, longer than I would normally use one, too. I've used them in the past after being ill, but maybe for several weeks, and then I'd stop.

So far, this is the longest amount of time that I've been using one. It's like I've had quite a set-back.

Honored Contributor

@Sweet Caroline 1 wrote:

At the risk of sounding stupid, I thought everyone was required to wear masks.  We are required to wear masks in Birmingham.  You have to wear one  to enter anywhere plus the six foot distancing.  If you don't wear one, you are playing Russian roulette with your life and everyone you come in contact with.  I think it's criminal to not wear a mask.  I know this sounds bossy however, it's a small thing to do to prevent someone else from raising your children.

@Sweet Caroline 1   I hope you realize that while masks help to keep the spread down, you can still get sick even if everyone is wearing a mask.  They aren't foolproof.