Honored Contributor

Re: TWO WEEKS AND STILL SICK

Just sounds so very scary, please take care.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@Calcgirl wishing you a speedy and complete recovery.

It is tragic how the stupidity and selfishness of others is impac

Respected Contributor

Sorry prior post of mine should say:

It is tragic, and I would add criminal, how the stupidity and selfishness of others are impacting all of us who are doing the right thing.

Super Contributor

@Calcgirl boy can I ever relate with you- I am 70 and live in Phoenix AZ- my son that lives with me had COVID for about 3 days, just fever but tested positive- 10 days to the day I was exposed to him I came down with diarrhea for 4 days, no fever no cough but just feeling horrible, first COVID test was negative (nasal swab)- I started developing pressure in my chest with burning so after 3 days of that I went to the ER- my chest x-ray was clean as a whistle except for some enlarged nodes- my CT with contrast showed nothing to include any blood clots- had only 3 lab values that were somewhat raised all pointing towards inflammation and probably a virus- they swabbed me again and that COVID test also came back negative or I should say undetected- they told me the nasal swabs are only about 65% accurate- so the ER doc said I should just go on the assumption I have the COVID and treat accordingly- however in 2 weeks I am having a stress test for the chest pain per my cardiologist- my gut is still not working the way it should, just slow to start daily bowel habits- so I give up you do what you can, you get tested and they still don't know- so many symptoms of this disease- all I can say is this year just sucks - everyone wear a mask, social distance and stay home unless you have to go out- prayers to everyone- I am feeling better everyday but who knows what the future may hold with issues from this virus

Esteemed Contributor

@Calcgirl, I am so sorry you are not feeling well and have been ill for 2 weeks. I'm praying you start to feel better soon.

I didn't realize we would still hav a 60 perent chance of catching it if we were wearing a mask and others were not. I knew it wasn't a 100 percent gaurantee we wouldn't get it, but I thought our chances were better. Just very irritating to me that so many in my area keep refusing to werar a mask. 

Please keep checking in here if you feel like it and let us know how you are doing. 

I wonder how many of these end up being false negaives? 

Honored Contributor

@Calcgirl 

Stay strong and optimistic. I hope whatever it is that is causing your issues is targeted and you start feeling better soon.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Prayers for your recovery. Hope you get better real soon.

Honored Contributor

At the risk of sounding stupid, I thought everyone was required to wear masks.  We are required to wear masks in Birmingham.  You have to wear one  to enter anywhere plus the six foot distancing.  If you don't wear one, you are playing Russian roulette with your life and everyone you come in contact with.  I think it's criminal to not wear a mask.  I know this sounds bossy however, it's a small thing to do to prevent someone else from raising your children.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Calcgirl     Dear Calcgirl,  I'm sorry that you are so sick.  I'm praying for you to receive a full and fast recovery.  Your situation proves how contageous the virus is with you taking every precaution possible.  Thinking positive that you have something else other than the virus.  God bless you, SC

Respected Contributor

@Calcgirl I am so, so sorry.  Please know you are in my prayers.