Trusted Contributor

I became ill June 30th, a day before my 72nd birthday with Covid symptoms.  I tested negative with the deep nasal test, but my doctor believes that is what I have. He said the nasal test is not very accurate and gives a high percentage of false negatives.  The saliva test is more accurate but more difficult to find test centers that perform this test because it is more expensive.  I am too ill to go running around to become a data number.  My chest feels heavily weighted as if my lungs were made out of cement, I have a fever, achy throat and upset stomach to name a few of the symptoms.I feel like ******.  Still can breath so thats good. doctor oredered a chest x-ray to see if I also have pnuemonia.  Yes, I wore a mask and seldom went anywhere. Also gloves and sanitizing is my middle name.  But as the doctor pointed out if I came in contact with somone WITHOUT a mask I had a 60 plus percent of still getting the virus.  So I thank all of those people who feel it is their right not to wear a mask to jeapordize my health and possibly my life.  I live in Az.

Respected Contributor

Re: TWO WEEKS AND STILL SICK

I am so sorry you’re going through this. Hope you get better soon.

Honored Contributor

@Calcgirl I am so sorry you are in this situation. I hope your doctor can figure out what's wrong and help you improve. Saying a prayer for you.

Honored Contributor

I am sorry to hear you are not feeling well and I hope you will get through this ordeal and recover.  My girlfriend had the virus and pneumonia along with it and she is much better now. She is in her early seventies.  

I understand your frustration after doing what is safe , someone who was selfish passed the virus on.  But I won't say anything more about that.  The bottom line is for you to feel better and have a speedy recovery.

Respected Contributor

The bottom line is doctors still do not know everything about this virus--how it travels, how it survives, why it affects people differently, how to treat it effectively.

There are stories online about some people who have had symptoms for months.

The most important thing is to take care of yourself and make sure your doctor is on top of all your medical needs.

Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery!

Frequent Contributor

I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well.  I would try to follow your Dr's directions as much as possible,  but also keep moving as much as possible so that nothing has a chance to settle in your lungs.  Ask your doctor about meds to keep blood clots from forming and maybe more vitamin C.and an anti inflamitory.  Sending prayers and healing thoughts your way.   I bet the people that aren't wearing masks wish they did now that it's spreading like the fire in Tucson.    Take care and feel better soon.

Valued Contributor

@Calcgirl  I hope you will soon feel better.  Please keep in touch with your doctor.

Honored Contributor

Calcgirl,

I am distressed to read about what you are going through.  Please continue to be careful, and I hope and pray that you can breathe more easily very soon.

For some reason, I was unaware that the nasal test was not known for great accuracy. 

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Esteemed Contributor

I am so sorry you are going through this.  I agree with the poster who suggested that you ask your medical provider for additional medications.  This is obviously a very scary time for you, but know that you are cared about.  You will be remembered in my prayers, and I do hope you will come back and keep everyone informed of your progress.  I hope you start to feel better soon.

Honored Contributor

@Calcgirl 

Please do take care of yourself, as you have been doing all along, and stay in touch with your doctor.

Yes,  the lessee fare attitude is so self centered, much more could be said, but I’m sitting on my paws!

Do stay in touch with us, and know we are thinking of you.

Good wishes for you. 💨 💨 💨

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras