Honored Contributor

Re: TJ Max and Marshalls surprise!

It would be nice if either of the two Marshall's near me had some Philosophy but they probably don't.  Not all Marshall's are created equal.  Some carry the good stuff and some don't.  That's one of the things I miss about going into the city to work, there was a huge Marshall's near my job that carried  designer items, high end items, name brand cosmetics etc.

Valued Contributor

I went to both stores after Christmas and picked up some of the gift sets.They were marked down to $6-10.That's 16 oz. of Philosophy for $7. I got some 8 oz body lotions for $4. They were mostly the Christmas fragrances. Needless to say,they were gone quickly.

Esteemed Contributor

Like any discount stores you have to inspect what you buy. Home Goods re-shelves items returned sone time not in tact. It I love TJMaxx, Marshall’s and Hone Goods
Valued Contributor

Hoovermom, wow that's a deal

Super Contributor

they also have a nice selection of perfumes. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus  The buying team of TJX is comprised of experienced buyers who have worked for some of the most pretigious retailers in the country.  In their careers many contacts have been made throughout the beauty retail market which they tap for sourcing goods at rates which can be passed on to TJX customers at their low prices.  These people are not dealing with conterfeiters and sketchy sources to stock the stores.  As you stated, they are not sourcing directly from the first run lots produced to go directly to the prestige stores, but there are instances where the manufacturer finds themselves with inventory of unsold items and their people would contact TJX to take that overstock off their hands.  That same story can aply to the prestige store beauty buyers when they find themselves warehousing too much of something.  You may even see items which have to be removed from regular retail shelves due to packaging change and TJX buyers are a good source to call to get rid of that inventory. 

Valued Contributor

I got a Too Faced blush for 10 dollars and it was sealed. Also got a Turkish rose toner and Korean rose face cleaner,Both were not sealed.I wanted to buy the Kate Sommerville cold cream,but it was too expensive and the boxes were not sealed.

Valued Contributor

I shop at TJX at least 3 times a week.  Never saw such a great buy.  Good 

Shopping.

Hoovermom

Honored Contributor

yesterday they were stocking Crepe erase pieces that looked like pieces from the TSV at TJM

a Beachwaver marked down to $60 or 70

some other Q stuff as well , random First Aid? products

Dr D Hydroshield 

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

It would be nice if either of the two Marshall's near me had some Philosophy but they probably don't.  Not all Marshall's are created equal.  Some carry the good stuff and some don't.  That's one of the things I miss about going into the city to work, there was a huge Marshall's near my job that carried  designer items, high end items, name brand cosmetics etc.

YOU ARE SO RIGHT!   The one near me in the Northern Burbs of Chicago is so so.  Not horrible, but not great. They used to be much better.  Several years ago I went to visit my sister who lives in the city but has a house in E. Hampton.  I don't recall whether it was a TJM or Marshalls that was not too far from where she lives   ....  OMG!!!!!   Not only were the items beyond fabulous,  but they were priced well too.  GREAT GREAT DEALS.

Oh well.