Re: @Re: 'TIS THE SEASON🎄🎅🎁

130977073_10224703785805026_3942535340158269331_n1.jpg

Respected Contributor

thumbnail (1).jpg

Honored Contributor

@hullie wrote:

Preparations...Giving Christmas money to some. I kept asking ten year old Matthew what he wanted and he didn't know so we planned a shopping trip just us two when times are safer. One year he wanted a shirt and tie to impress this girl he always talked about, this was at nine years. After his Xmas program we're walking through the school to the car and he yells over to his friend who was sitting waiting for her parents and says this is my Aunt Sharon, my heart melted, I am sure when he gets in his teens he will not be so forthcoming. He still talks about her at ten. Sarah wanted apple air pods so ordered online for her. She graduates from HS this spring. My other great nieces who live a couple hours away plan on coming to my house this summer, they missed not being able to this past summer, and I have promised we will do girl shopping and dinner on the town, I will spoil them. One of their favorite stores Gordmans has closed down, sad. They enjoy Kohl's though and there are a few stores left at the mall.  They will be a handful if all three come and stay at the same time but it will be fun all together at the lake...age five to thirteen. My sister is fixing a turkey and her much beloved homemade noodles for Christmas dinner but I haven't decided if I should just stay home awhile longer. There will probably be a house full of people. By the way, my mom always had the most beautiful wrapped presents under the tree too. The adults in the family instead of exchanging gifts each bring a minimum of five wrapped gifts and we play the game Tripoli with pennies and each round a winner of a grab bag gift. We imbibe with good spirits and laugh a lot, of course this year it is not possible but NEXT year! There are always some paperweights in those grab bags. 

@hullie  We love playing Tripoly.  What a great idea to add the five gifts to the playing of the game.  I am going to remember that for our next gathering with that game on the agenda.

Honored Contributor

Re: 'TIS THE SEASON🎄🎅🎁

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

"Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow"

It started snowing here about 11:30 this morning and is still snowing.  It's getting windy too so I know there will be drifting.  I just checked an updated forecast a few minutes ago and it's supposed to continue through the night, heavy at times, ending mid-morning on Thursday.  The temp is now 23.  Now, I really believe we could end up with 18" if not more.  We're still hearing a possibility of 2'.

Alfie loves the snow and wants to go out often.  He runs through it and does his version of snow angels.  When he decides to come in he's covered from head to toe in white.  Smiley Happy  And he's so happy!

There is very little traffic in our complex today/tonight.  I think we saw two cars since noon and only a few brave people are out walking.  I think most people are staying in and either watching TV or checking the latest snow reports, like us.

I'm hoping the wind doesn't keep us awake tonight.  But it might since it appears it will get stronger after midnight.  We'll see. 

One thing I do know.  We will have a White Christmas.  And the kids will have so much snow they can make a family of snowmen, over and over.  Smiley Happy

@AnikaBrodie   It sounds so beautiful.  You were the first thing I thought about this morning when I woke up - how much snow did you get?  I don't think we are forecasted to have a White Christmas - it will be brown.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

thank you for the kindness and the nice ones here and the sweet words of welcome here. hugs to you all. Heart  ( i know its not Christmas day yet Smiley Happy  )

j_thxms_010.png

Respected Contributor

130705978_430473081635115_4263949226807880773_n.jpg

Respected Contributor

130936144_429809401701483_782234833325421058_n.jpg