Honored Contributor

.....and here I sit w/ my coffee at 5AM!!!! Oh well, this always happens. It takes me days to adjust. It’s much worse when I lose the hour of sleep when the clocks change the other way. 

Did the time changing affect your beauty sleep?

Honored Contributor

Everytime we change...I wish they would leave it alone

Honored Contributor

No

Honored Contributor

I’d be happier if our fur babies knew they got an extra hour of sleep last night. 🐈🐈😢

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

I’d be happier if our fur babies knew they got an extra hour of sleep last night. 🐈🐈😢

@OKPrincess  I agree. My 2 beagles were standing next to my side of the bed looking at me & wanting breakfast at 3:30!!!! I sent them over to “Daddy’s” side of the bed. 😝😝😝

Honored Contributor

It's 4:50 AM here and my I'm wide awake.  The clocks changed but my body didn't.  I wish they'd choose one time and leave it there.

Honored Contributor

For those of us (ok, me) who don't sleep well EVER, this fall time change is brutal.  I've been awake forever. Hours.   I wish I could be a "sleep in" person.  I'm retired.  I can sleep in just about every single day if I want.  But my body won't do it.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

For those of us (ok, me) who don't sleep well EVER, this fall time change is brutal.  I've been awake forever. Hours.   I wish I could be a "sleep in" person.  I'm retired.  I can sleep in just about every single day if I want.  But my body won't do it.

I feel for you.  I'm also retired and sleeping in for me is 5am though I'm almost always up way before that.  

Super Contributor

When I worked,  I used to love the time change in the fall.

I would set my clocks back on Sunday morning. 

Having my day off extended another hour suited me just fine!

Now that I am retired, it doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@gidgetgh  I feel your pain. I’ve never slept well, even as a child. It’s a curse. I must have read every book/article on falling or staying asleep....something good to do while awake during the night and everyone else in the house, including the dogs, are snoring away. I can’t make noise in the kitchen and put up a pot of coffee, TV? No. It’s a very long night, right? Most nights I sleep about 4 1/2 hrs. and must take an afternoon nap or just can’t make it to dinner time. 

I’ve tried to adapt by using my awake time to get things done. I read, get to the gym by 5:30 before it’s crowded EXCEPT now it’ll be dark...not loving that. My art/jewelry studio is upstairs, over the garage and the sound doesn’t carry to wake up DH. I can get in 3 hrs. of “work” before breakfast when not a gym day. I always get out of bed when I see all attempts at falling back asleep are futile and try to do something else besides lying there bemoaning my fate.

For many years, I thought my 2-3 hr. afternoon nap was hindering my sleep, but checked w/ my doctors and the conclusion was “sleep is sleep”...the body needs it wherever and whenever. Good to know. I’ll definitely need a nice nap the next few days while my body “doesn’t” adjust to the new time.