Honored Contributor

@possummink   My helebores are blooming like crazy, now that they are several years old and I moved them to larger pots.  Since I posted website pictures last year, I won't post pictures of mine as they look the same.

I read an article that mentioned growing them in tall pots so that the blooms can really be seen as their heads face downward, so am aiming for this one day.  I always have to lift their heads as I walk along, bent over, lol, so I can see the flowers.

Honored Contributor

@Hooty 

Photo Sep 21, 9 26 47 AM.jpg

Happy Birthday to Mr. Hooty!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

hello guys

really not much going on here.

got afternoon walk in. picked up mail. boy that wind is down right nippy cold, a bone cold wind, damp wind so it goes right thru you.

listening to weather/ news channel 6 now. not sounding good for weather tomorrow. very snowy and it will be a prolonged storm, it'll go from about 7am to thursday morn (7am) most will fall as snow and eventually change over to rain closer to midnight.

schools are already shutting down now.

ok guys will check in later.

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy birthday owl

@Hooty, Sending Happy Birthday wishes to Mr. HootySmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Owl Cake

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MR HOOTY.    I hope you have an awesome day. 

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@possummink   My helebores are blooming like crazy, now that they are several years old and I moved them to larger pots.  Since I posted website pictures last year, I won't post pictures of mine as they look the same.

I read an article that mentioned growing them in tall pots so that the blooms can really be seen as their heads face downward, so am aiming for this one day.  I always have to lift their heads as I walk along, bent over, lol, so I can see the flowers.

Mousie,   Lucky you!!   No sign of mine yet and no sign of the snow crocuses in the yard either.   I did see some daffodils starting to peek through the dirt in one part of the yard.   Too early and cold for them here.

We ran out of oil again last night.  I called the oil company yesterday to see when they had us scheduled for a fill and the guy said Tuesday.  Well, about midnight I started feeling chilled and checked the thermostat and it had dropped to about 62 in here.   I hit the reset on the furnace and it tried to run but shut down so I came back upstairs and called the oil co and left a message. 

They don't open till 6:30 and I called them at 6:45.  The guy said they got the message and that a truck was on it's way here.  They got here at about 7:15, and by then the thermostat in the house was in the low 50ies.  It took 227 gallons and the tank only holds 225.  Don't know where the extra 2 gallons went.  Guess they stay in the down pipe that leads into the basement.    It was cold for sure.  I don't think they take into consideration that our Winter has been way below normal and we have snow and ice on the way for this evening and night.  The house is back to being a bit warm again.  Heart

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@LIG1 wrote:

@LIG1   LHeartVE, but I see you've been in my files.

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

@LIG1 wrote:

@Puddles, thinking of you today and sending lots of love to you!

@LIG1   Thank you! 

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh