Honored Contributor

♥ Come and share a pot of tea. My home is warm and my friendships free...Little Church Mouse ♥

Honored Contributor

@Tissyanne Yikes, you are cold! We are in the teens. Looks as though we will all be bundling up tonight. This is for your mom:

Prayer Sticker

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

@Tissyanne

(((Hugs))) and love for your mother and you.  Peace, my friend.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Esteemed Contributor

@NAES1 wrote:

@Puddles

GOING over to the TEAPOT CAFE... of course i'll have black coffee.

4 hours ago. HERE.

Honored Contributor

@NAES1 wrote:

@NAES1 wrote:

@Puddles

GOING over to the TEAPOT CAFE... of course i'll have black coffee.

4 hours ago. HERE.

@NAES1, I posted this soon after your first post four hours ago::

‎ Puddles posted

01-02-2018 07:08 PM

@NAES1 So happy you got my message. Black coffee coming up.Cat Happy

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Esteemed Contributor

@Tissyanne,

I just read where you said your mother was showing signs of depression. I know or maybe should say believe that this is only normal.

Anyone who has the -let's say- a typical no pain -no actual reason to be bedridden, one's normal everyday abilities are ''''abruptly'''' displaced, it is only natural that anyone would become depressed, even you, as her caregiver SEEING this day by day, you, too,

>>>have bouts of slowing down to to the fact there is nothing more that can or will be done ..BY YOU, to ease this any further, only by the terms or plans put forth will you- WE- ever know what the medication is doing, how the chemo treatments are affecting here in general. 

If by me, being in a facility, I have seen this to the worse, then with some, being adaptive to the way it is.

Again, I learn only through trying our best, >>> can beat us down when we feel the most, as being helpless, trying to go through guessing games..we just have to plod along and wait for any good -encouraging news that anyone in charge is trying to do with what they own in their education, their experience.     

I know!! It is the most depressing emotional ADJUSTMENT to just go through this, .....every single day..and end up more confused than when we were from the last time.

Chemical treatment, medical intervention by taking [said] drugs does interrupt our self of worth.

This is happening to not one, not hundreds, not thousands of people right now, along with you, {{{but more than you can realize}}} through different health issues, diseases, unknown reasons for what loved ones are facing.

I had some time to accept this when my father was bedridden and saw this strong, vibrant, healthy man endure; that was when I came in on visits to help in our home in another state. My brother, I give total gratitude to for not _ _  ever having him a nursing home_ _.

This was an extremely an extraordinarily difficult job but that is how we wanted, and if not, I would have died a thousands deaths not helping.

I salute my brother for his wisdom and his health even though he had a back weakness a -severe back issues to carry on.

The women from church did come on occasions and stay with dad reading the Bible- while __ just being there so that my brother could have even a 2 hour break_ ... being elsewhere. That may be what you may have to depend on, also. 

There may come a time when your mom has to have more help and that will be the emotional step for you, when someone else has to help YOU, hopefully, at home, where she is familiar. 

Waiting for anything to happen for positive reasons has to be the roughest part when being helpless. As I mentioned, we take baby steps and go through and listen to what the oncologist's approach is and will be from this minute on.

``Thinking it is good to talk to a real live person through an organization that can explain anything that I cannot.

I have always told you I will follow THIS right along with you and answer any questions to the best of my knowledge. I have a cousin who is a doctor that teaches at a medical teaching university.

"I want to call and ask her what ((all)) options we may have over looked. I will be with you after that conversation". 

I send hugs for YOUR 'mom' and strength to keep you going strong, so not to falter under this horrible strain. I send love and a tight hug. And you know exactly that I mean that.

love

Esteemed Contributor

I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief.
~Gerry Spence

Esteemed Contributor

The great thing about new friends.jpg

Honored Contributor

Found you.  Thank you @Puddles for the new thread.

Wishing Everyone a happy, healthy and blessed WednesdaySmiley Happy