Honored Contributor

Image result for POOH GRAPHICS WITH QUOTES   valentines day

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

wrote:

Why not take an ordinary pine tree and make a lovely Valentine Tree?  After all Pine is green all year round!

@possummink  I love this little tree.  What a cute idea.  Next year I will have to try to remember to leave a little tree out to decorate for Valentine's Day.

Honored Contributor

DV61Z4mU8AAClez.jpg

Honored Contributor

DV61cmzU8AAQa-t.jpg

Honored Contributor

DV7OdFSW4AA11Xz.jpg

Honored Contributor

http://image.pennlive.com/home/penn-media/width620/img/food/photo/fast-1-0212-dcgjpg-9dcc1acc780fd6ef.jpg

And here they are!  Doughnuts from central PA, bought from a market specializing in PA Dutch baking, and served on Shrove Tuesday which is the day before Ash Wednesday.  It's also called Fat Tuesday by some.  As tradition has it DH buys fastnacht doughnuts for his coffee klatch friends every year.  They're so good with a cup of early morning coffee.

The market where DH buys the doughnuts takes orders for them and opens at 5:00 A.M. to fill customer's orders.  They also make extras which usually sell out before noon.

Two years ago I gave up soft drink for Lent.  I probably haven't had more than 5 or 6 sodas since then.  Instead, I make a lot of homemade tea.  This year I can't decide what to give up.   I wish it could be chocolate but I'm sure that wouldn't last very long.  Maybe I should make a commitment to do more "random acts of kindness."   Yeah, I think that's a good idea.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

@Sassy7356  I used to make carrot cake for Easter dessert, don't know if I will this year.

Honored Contributor

Re: THE TEAPOT CAFE

[ Edited ]

wrote:

I R - Google+

MewsDay Afternoon Greetings

So sorry to have not been here at the

Cafe with all of my dear TC sisters since

February 5th but was helping out a close

friend who had a sudden family emergency

out of state and who asked me to take

care of her two kittehs while she was away.

That meant going to her house 2X's

a day to feed and scoop but she lives

about a mile up the road so I'd go there

before I'd go to the Annex and then to

work.She came home this morning and

thankfully all is well with her sister.

AnikaBrodie

Wishing you a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY

and a beautiful and blessed brand new

365 day journey around the Sun!HeartWoman Happy

Possummink

Sending tons of very special healing prayers

to precious baby Keagan.Heart

Tissyanne

Sending more special prayers to your

mom and more love filled comfort hugs

to the both of you.

(((((TISSYANNE & HER MOM)))))

Wishing everyone a very peaceful

and pleasant remainder od the day.

(((((HeartKITTEH HUGSHeart)))))

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

Primitive Valentines Love Letters Heart Envelope. $4.95, via Etsy.

Thanks, NAES.    I talked to Jillian this morning and Keagan is less fussy today and slept pretty good last night.   

I told her to keep him dressed more warmly to help his little arms and legs to get over the mottling as I think he gets cold more easily than someone like me who has an insulating layer of lard under my skin.   I wear at least two shirts when in the house during cold weather.  I get cold a lot more easily than I did when I was younger.   He's not supposed to start on 'solids' for a month or two yet.  Heck,  my son was on rice cereal at two weeks.   He was such a big baby and needed the extra to keep him satisfied.   I know things are so much different in this day and age than 50 years ago.  

I asked her if they told her what his blood type is, but they didn't.  My daughter said they'd tell her if he needed surgery.  That's silly, I think.  I'd want to know what his blood type was just for pertinent information.  Jillian and I have the same type which is quite rare, AB.   So I am curious to see what his is, Grandma's nosiness! 

My nephew, who was taking the nurse anesthetist course,  and is now a cardiac nurse lost a patient the other night.  PE is what the doctor's said occurred as the guy was healing nicely and this came out of the blue.  It hit my nephew pretty hard, but there was  nothing he could have done when it is a embolism with no warnings.   Don't know if the guy was on enough blood thinners to ward off clots.  Sad.  

My granddaughter has migraines, which she says are more intense since Keagan's birth.   I have sinus, not migraines, so I can't compare.  I do know they can be debilitating for many.

I will look up the cream you mentioned at Walgreen's but wait till after seeing the doctor.   I don't know about an MRI as my GI doctor left a staple in me last colonoscopy, as a guide for a surgeon if there was a questionable report on one of the polyps.   I can't have a 'regular' MRI, though I've had them before the staple.   There are xray thingy's at the doctors offices.  I have had lots of cortisone shots and dread the immediate after effect, but know 'no pain, no gain'.   I've had them in my shoulders, elbows and right thumb base.    

Gentle pets and hugs for Sashay.  Keep warm and safe. Heart

Honored Contributor

Shabby and Chic Valentine Wreath http://www.timelessfloralboutique.com/