Honored Contributor

7defe70049dec7f117c5802759214e2e.jpg

Honored Contributor

c2410b96fa360c9e9e6ae7cfe907e67d.jpg

Honored Contributor

https://i2.wp.com/nationaldaycalendar.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/National-Winnie-the-Pooh-Day-January-18-e1448920175468.jpg

@Puddles

I know it isn't January 18 yet but I had to post this early when I saw it this morning.  You probably already know January 18 is National Winnie the Pooh Day.  Yeah, Pooh has his very own national day.  I love it.  Heart  So let's celebrate early.  Smiley Happy

NATIONAL WINNIE THE POOH DAY

National Winnie the Pooh Day is observed annually on January 18th.  Author A.A. Milne brought the adorable, honey-loving bear to life in his stories which also featured his son, Christopher Robin.  National Winnie the Pooh Day commemorates Milne’s January 18, 1882, birthday.

Milne’s lovable Pooh Bear, as he was fondly called, is a fictional bear inspired by a black bear named Winnie who lived at the London Zoo during World War I. The author’s son, Christopher Robin, would visit the bear often and named his own teddy bear after her and a swan named Pooh.

This friendship inspired a collection of books starting with Winnie-the-Pooh in 1926. The books were illustrated by E.H. Shepard.

In the 1960s, Disney bought the rights to the Winnie-the-Pooh characters dropping the hyphen from Pooh’s name. The illustrations were a bit different, too.

Milne’s stories have been translated into over 50 languages and are considered classic children’s stories today.

HOW TO OBSERVE

Snuggle up with your favorite Pooh fan, a pot of honey and take turns reading about the adventures of Winnie the Pooh. Use #WinnieThePoohDay to post on social media.

HISTORY

Within our research, we were unable to identify a founder of National Winnie the Pooh Day.  

SOURCE:  The Internet ...

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

Image result

The squirrels must like the weather this morning.  It's about 28 now and snowing very lightly.  We have five squirrels running around the yard chasing each other up and down trees, swinging from tree to tree, eating sunflower seed and peanuts.  Alfie is watching them but isn't barking as he sometimes does.  I watched one of the squirrels grab a peanut and I thought he would hide it as they sometimes do.  Instead, he went up the tree, shelled it and ate it.  Smiley Happy  These guys are so smart! 

Image result

Related image

Honored Contributor

Image result

We don't have much snow yet, just a dusting.  However, many of the schools east of us are closed today.  We're having flurries now and according to the weather map we can expect snow to start around 1:00 when the temp will be 30 to 31.  It's expected it will snow til 8:00 and then again 11:00 to midnight.  We may get 4 inches.  At least we're no longer in the bitter deep freeze; it's 28 now.

Honored Contributor

16 jan

hello guys,

not to much today. chores done,1 load of laundry needs to be folded. got walk in. it is nice outside, not cold at all. almost human outside.

sure enjoyed all the posts today and the still life paintings of the tea mugs today were really nice.  

The 4 tier cake looked so good.

Anika, so far we have had muted sunshine. i know that white stuff is coming, forecasting 2 inch for us. than more cold weather before another warm up.

well guys, will check in later.

Honored Contributor

Thank you, @Puddles for the kind thought.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@Sassy7356 wrote:

I have always wanted a pair of pygmy goats.  A friend of mine had some and they sure were comical to watch.  

70cde0a11b2c3793380cc052cd53b877.jpg

@Sassy7356 wrote:

I have always wanted a pair of pygmy goats.  A friend of mine had some and they sure were comical to watch.  

70cde0a11b2c3793380cc052cd53b877.jpg

@Sassy7356  DD loved goats, and when she was little, we had to go to every petting zoo everywhere we went.  Once, a baby, don't think it was pygmy, followed her around, and when she squatted to feed and pet, it nibbled on her shorts, lol.  Hopefully one day, she will be able to have a home with enough land for horses, goats, dogs, and whatever else she wants. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@lulutoby, Thank you for the beautiful flowers. Smiley Happy I am sending you a warm sunny day 

sunny-day.jpg

Honored Contributor

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

Image result

The squirrels must like the weather this morning.  It's about 28 now and snowing very lightly.  We have five squirrels running around the yard chasing each other up and down trees, swinging from tree to tree, eating sunflower seed and peanuts.  Alfie is watching them but isn't barking as he sometimes does.  I watched one of the squirrels grab a peanut and I thought he would hide it as they sometimes do.  Instead, he went up the tree, shelled it and ate it.  Smiley Happy  These guys are so smart! 

Image result

Related image

@AnikaBrodie, I enjoyed reading about the squirrels this morning. I used to sit out in my sunroom, and watch the squirrels running around gathering pecans, and playing. I haven't done that since my Sugarbears are at the bridge. It is lonesome doing that now, because they would always sit with me.