Honored Contributor

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

@Puddles

So cute!

I love to think of everyone (including the animals) being warm and cozy!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe Thank you! I too hope everyone, including our animals and all wildlfie, are somewhere warm and cozy in this weather.

We hope you'll stop by for a visit often.

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

Copied from The Sidewalk Cafe:

Honored Contributor
Posted by @AnikaBrodie in response to my post above:

Your earlier post just invites the lyrics so here they are:  Smiley Happy  I hope it's warming up where you are.  We're still in the teens with a real feel of 2.  Brrr.  Have a lovely day.  I'm starting the new year out right and cleaning the kitchen closet and pantry today.  Taking a short break.  Smiley Happy 

"A Marshmallow World"
It's a marshmallow world in the winter
When the snow comes to cover the ground
It's time for play, it's a whipped cream day
I wait for it the whole year round.

Those are marshmallow clouds being friendly
In the arms of the evergreen trees
And the sun is red like a pumpkin head
It's shining so your nose won't freeze.

Oh, The world is your snowball, see how it grows
That's how it goes whenever it snows
The world is your snowball just for a song
Get out and roll it along.

Oh, It's a yum-yummy world made for sweethearts
Take a walk with your favorite girl
It's a sugar date, what if spring is late
In winter it's a marshmallow world.

It's a marshmallow world in the winter
When the snow comes to cover the ground
It's time for play, it's a whipped cream day
I wait for it the whole year round.

Those are marshmallow clouds being friendly
In the arms of the evergreen trees
And the sun is red like a pumpkin head
It's shining so your nose won't freeze.

Oh, The world is your snowball, see how it grows
That's how it goes whenever it snows
The world is your snowball just for a song
Get out and roll it along.

It's a yum-yummy world made for sweethearts
Take a walk with your favorite girl
It's a sugar date, what if spring is late
In winter it's a marshmallow world. 

Songwriters: Carl Sigman / Peter De Rose

Honored Contributor

A post from @Sassy7356 posted on the Sidewalk Cafe. I didn't want anyone to miss it:

@butterfly123

96c9bce53fb3e75720f4aefe425e9250.jpg

You are too sweet! Thanks for the welcome, along with @Puddles along with all the hearts and love felt from so many others.

Gracie is still full of energy.  Sassy has had a few emergency vet visits along with appointments at our vet.  She has stones and strains to go to the bathroom due to a blockage.  A few different times they were going to do surgery on her but then at the last minute the stones moved and she was able to go.  Now, she is on a special diet and can have no treats.  So, since she can have nothing extra we have Gracie following suit.  It was so tough to watch her strain over and over and over.  Thankfully, it was before the cold spell Minnesota had since before Christmas (the last week has been brutal and I'm sure you have been through much the same).

I think the last I posted was last May when my Mom was to have an aortic valve replacement.  That time it was canceled, rescheduled, canceled, rescheduled, and finally had the procedure in July.  It really didn't help her at all. She seems to have really aged over the months since then.  She turns 90 in May.  

Jason is good.  My daughter, Sarah, is still living with us. She has been off the last 13 days and the time flew by.  Today, both of them are back at work and it is very quiet here.  It doesn't take me long to get used to having them with me during the day.

Christmas was very quiet this year.  It was just the four of us on Christmas Day.  We made the meal here and transported it to my Mom's (swedish meatballs, lingonberries, roasted carrots, mashed potatoes and gingerbread).  NYE we didn't see the ball drop as we were in bed by 11.  We had just a few appetizers that evening and spent it at home.

I haven't missed a day of having my "juice" each morning.  What would jumpstart my day if I didn't have coffee.

There are too many posts for me to catch up on so I am going to try to just go forward from here.  I thought of you often and wondered how you and DH were doing?

Honored Contributor

@Sassy7356 We are so happy to have you back with us.Heart I am  sorry to read of sweet Sassy's health issues. I'm gald Gracie is joining in her diet and still full of her energy.

I will keep your mother in my prayers. You know we are all here for support when you need it.

That's great your DD is still with you and your DH is doing well.

Honored Contributor

@Puddles wrote:

Take a break from the winter elements. Come inside to join us for a chat and a warm drink.

Hi @Puddles and everyone!Heart

Well, today, I did just this.

I went to my neighbors and it's almost her birthday but something made me think, I really want to go over there today.

So I took her some gingerbread spice tea and some homemade cupcakes, and some chewy ginger candy, pretty napkins and a light mystery (we like the same books).

And she said I came at just the right time (she was having a bad day). 

So we hugged each other and I'm so glad I went.

She has dementia and has practically no short term memory but she still has a wonderful sense of humor and she is such a good person with a great heart and we love the same things-animals, watching the birds and she always prays for strangers as she is walking by a house or them. She has a dog and a cat and lives with her son. She will not remember I was there today and wonder where she got the things I brought but she does remember me and always gives me a huge hugSmiley HappyHeart

Lately everytime I think of someone a lot I am going to call or go see them and not wait.

Each time thats happened lately, I wish I had called,so I will from now on.

One was I was thinking of my aunt all day and wanted to call her but didn't, then a day or so later my cousin said she had slipped that day and had broken her hip! My poor aunt. But she is doing really well already.

Anyway, its so cold out I don't want to go out again! I wait until the sun is at its highest or somethingSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@AnikaBrodie I love that song "Marshmallow World" and miss Frank and Dean. I still listen to a lot of their music, especially at Christmas. Thank you for posting the words and link.Heart

Honored Contributor

@on the bay I'm so glad you joined us on our new thread. What a lovely thing you did for your neighbor's birthday. It is such a warm feeling when you do something at the spur of the moment and it turns out to be just the right thing for someone who is maybe having a bad day. I hope you two will have many more lovely times together. I also hope you come by to visit often.