Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Vegan Vanilla Cake | This vegan vanilla cake is topped with a smooth chai spice icing--super moist and full of flavor! | thealmondeater.com #vegan

Esteemed Contributor

@possummink wrote:

DesertRose,;,happy Friday,;,

Hi Cafe Friends,  Wow, the first day of September.   This year is flying by way too quickly.   I guess I say that about each day, week, month etc. 

I spent a lot of time over at my daughter's new home yesterday.   The movers were running late, by about 4 hours due to their owner's idiocy.  He lives in NY and didn't tell them they had to be at DD's condo at 10am, until about 2pm.   He's the one my daughter had been talking to but she didn't know he was in NY till yesterday.   She felt sorry for the guys who did the actual move.    

They did a pretty good job with what they had to work with.  Their dolly got stolen and they had to move her big refrigerator without a dolly.  Wasn't easy and a very tight fit, but it got put into it's place in the kitchen and so now she's concentrating on the smaller stuff at the condo.  She's sorting though things she wants go keep and the rest is going to charity. 

She is having a serious flare up with the Crohn's and was absolutely wiped out last night.   I bought us all supper at Ruby Tuesday's and didn't get home till late last night.  They had the new house set up so they could spend the night there.  The dogs and BangBang the cat were all confused.  BangBang did come our from under DD's bed during the night and slept on the pillow next to her, but today, he's back under the bed.  Poor kitty,  he's not a young guy and is so scared.  The dogs are too 'loopy' to care, just so they're with their humans. Heart

I hope you are having a nice Friday.   It's cool here, about 68, kind of like a Fall day.   Love it.   We could use some rain.  My brother just cut the yards and the next door neighbor's back yard.  Our neighbor is elderly, has some serious health problems and has a push mower instead of a tractor to cut with.  My brother cuts the back yard for him.  It's about 1/2 acre, give or take a bit. Heart 

Hello to 'all' friends, here, at THE Cafe meeting grounds.  

@          I have had patients with Crohn's and can understand what your daughter definitely has gone through @possummink. Idiocy appears to be the word for these past 24 hours, around here, also. I'll get to that later.

September came in ..under 55 degrees from a whopping 88 from August's 29th & 30th, but the 31st was closer to 90+. Beautiful day until around 5pm...later!

It has been raining all through the night with thunder, now slightly drizzling droplets and the air is full of humidity. We have the air on at 74 to remove the moisture, but I have switched from a thin summer lounge whatever to a heavier sleeved dress and fur lined house shoes.  Sashay went to the door, stopped- looked out and went straight back to her bed by the large window watching squirrels and birds running around eating their bread and nuts we put out each morning. Possibly thinking there may be some crumbs left...(?)

I "am" glad though, that your daughter finally (hopefully) is rid of all movers and the condo is starting to look like home. Ahh~ What a day for you, for daughter and I certainly know the fright look ofscared kitties; Sashay is ready to laep for safety at the first strange (unknown activity) movement orperson nothere each day. THAT I DO UNDERSTAND....Cat Surprised Big Time.

Going back to the beginning of hurricane Harvey, I had many errands that I planned but those have become a lull in the Activity, so we pick up and regain our senses, to put the charity clothes and loads of just about everything for the church pick up to travel wherever the need is most. 

"....I thought something odd by yesterday evening when my husband was not here by (maybe) 6pm. But, but,,,,,,, he came in the door around 8pm with a bandage completely over his entire right arm. He was turning into the very slow entrance ( as usual..about 1/2 million times Woman Wink) when he was hit by some loony woman traveling north from his south and totaled the car. She came out of no where - had to have been traveling more than the speed limit 35. She hit him so hard that her old Kia spun around, then stopped.

My husband's car ( big SUV size) was knocked completely over into the other side of the medium. She got out, stood up, then did some drama and fell onto the street.  Asking for an ambulance, though. She was released, no injury of any type, said the doctor at hospital. On the other side of [said[ crash, my husband had a stover (horrible) thumb, a bruise so purple on his (L)arm, and a 4 inch deep cut that bleeds filling up 3 heavy gauze bandages from three hours ago. All of that came from the air bags, alone..just missing his eyes. 

Of course I had to un wrap the medical person's bandage and look, the washed with a powerful rx cleanser we have at the hospital, the rewrap after a decent supply of antibiotic solution. He had a tetanus shot, but was pretty shaken up, and very confused where she had come from and her speed to hit that quickly and hard. There will be a court judgement later this week. There is a witness that saw her, where she would not stop as he turned, after having plenty of clearway.

My husband had the green light and was following three other cars into the village. We have no idea where she came from, other than ..'someone said a side street' from the right off street. What an evening -what a night. 

If there can be a crashing or wreck here, then I know 'more' of why the horrific fatals happen on the Interstates. 

Esteemed Contributor

@possummink wrote:

Vegan Vanilla Cake | This vegan vanilla cake is topped with a smooth chai spice icing--super moist and full of flavor! | thealmondeater.com #vegan

Is that cake for me, well, 1 slice? 

I have a note of interest, I think, for you _under your last_

@     @possummink

Yes, please everyone have a nice September. 

Possummink, is your daughter feeling much better, now?

Esteemed Contributor

@NAES1 Praying for a speedy recovery for your husband we have been in a couple of accidents so I know how shaken up he must be feeling, poor guy, I will definitely keep him in my prayers!

Esteemed Contributor

National-Blueberry-Popsicle-Day-September-2-1.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

National-V-J-Day-September-2.png

Esteemed Contributor

National-College-Colors-Day-Changes-Annually-1.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

National V-J Day (Victory over Japan Day) is observed annually across the country each year on September 2.  The announcement of Japan’s surrender to the Allies during World War II was made on August 15, 1945.  On September 2, 1945, the signing of the surrender document occurred, which was the official ending of World War II. 

HOW TO OBSERVE

Use #NationalVJDay to post on social media and spread the word about this important historical day.  Post photos of friends and family who served in World War II to remind us of the great sacrifices that were made to maintain our freedom.

Esteemed Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@NAES1 Praying for a speedy recovery for your husband we have been in a couple of accidents so I know how shaken up he must be feeling, poor guy, I will definitely keep him in my prayers!

@Ahh,  ~ @CareBears ~ that is so beautifully said; I have known you for about one month, one lovable woman. Heart

Thank you so very, very much.  A hug for you.

NAES