Honored Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

@lulutoby  Here is to a better week for you, when it rains it pours, sorry I could not think of another cliche' to use. hugs going out to you!

Esteemed Contributor

Solar Eclipese.jpg

Happy Solar Eclipse today!

Honored Contributor

@lulutoby wrote:

Image result for nice week images with puppies

The storm clean up still continues around town with lots of trees, branches and items blown over.

At midnight when the storm started I remembered my down spout needed to be attached so I ran out in the rain and fixed it only to have the back door shut on me and lock me out.  Of course I used my hide a key earlier when I lost my keys, so this could be comical, in the pouring rain and very windy I got my hand trowel to open the screen & opened the window.

I had to step up on the hose reel to boost myself up then up and over and down to get inside.  Then there was all the water to clean up from the open windows.  Thank goodness I have wood floors.

Today will be a better day.  Smiley Happy

Wishing ((Everyone)) on the Sidewalk Cafe a happy, healthy and blessed Solar Eclipse DaySmiley Happy

@lulutoby   At times I briefly go into the yard in my nightie, and instantly think of getting locked out like that.  I would be stuck in the yard until DH got home at 8:00pm, I know, don't go into the yard unless properly dressed, lol.  so glad you were able to get back into your house.

This reminds me of an incident decades ago.  After my Mother passed, I was going to her house to gradually empty it, sorting things, etc.  I went into the yard to water, had to keep plants alive for the sale for the house.  You guessed it, I got locked out.

I looked around for something to stand on, I am short, and something to break the window at the top of the door, thank goodness there was a window.  I accomplished this, and I was able to get my body through enough to reach down and grab the door knob to open the door.  This had happened to my Mother before and she just yelled until the neighbor opened the window to see what was the matter.

Afterward, she had a nonbreakable window installed to prevent breaking in, but I shudder to think what would have happened to me if that had been there on that day.

Honored Contributor

21 august

hello guys

wow, lulu you did have a bad day getting locked out side trying to fix the drain spout in the pouring rain.

no word on the estimate as of yet. been on the phone with moen and doc office . new parts forkitchen faucet and medicine ,where to order new stuff.

got my walk in. still have not seen the eclipse, will go out in a little bit.

ok guys later.

Esteemed Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

Solar Eclipese.jpg

Happy Solar Eclipse today!

@T H A N K    Y O U, @CareBears

This certainly shows me exactly what the Eclipse is beginning to

appear for its formation, NAES

Very real, ~very......

Honored Contributor

http://www.desicomments.com/dc3/06/266966/266966.png

This looks yummy.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

http://www.allgraphics123.com/ag/01/8795/8795.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: THE SIDEWALK CAFE

[ Edited ]

https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.I0ACibYJG7Paa-RIMMtLwQFeCW&pid=15.1&P=0&w=350&h=150

Anyone watching the eclipse?  We're watching  on TV since we don't have the required glasses.  First total eclipse from US coast to coast in 99 years!  Wow.  It's really neat to watch.

ETA:  It's mostly cloudy here in PA this PM so we couldn't see the 70% eclipse anyway. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: THE SIDEWALK CAFE

[ Edited ]

Sorry I have been so quiet these last few days I am exhausted!  I have suffered with insomnia for years, but lately I have been sleeping but how well I do not know, as I wake several times a night, I personally think my soul is just tired.  We have been dealing with extreme stress over the last 8 months, and I think my body and mind are fighting back, and DH just called he broke his foot and is out of work until the doctors' office can get the Workman's Comp paper work so he can have a CT scan to see if he will need surgery, I swear if it is not one thing it is another,in my head is just screaming "Stop" let us have some peace PlEASE.  All of the inspirational message cheer me up and help me out of my gloomy mood, so thank you ladies, I think  I need a 3 day non-stop cry to cleanse my eyes.

I did make a fresh Strawberry Cream Cheese pie over the weekend, DH said it was delicious I resisted, as my stomach was queasy over the weekend and I could not keep anything down.  But that was the past and this morning, I am going to lift myself out of the trenches, dust myself off and thank God for another day, and move on!  Thanks for letting me type out my frustrations, Here is to FRIENDS!  I will drink My water to that!