Honored Contributor

@Sassy7356

I wonder if the zoo has had a lot of complaints about the cameras going dark. I become very attached to animals whether in person or on a live feed.

Are you looking forward to going to Rochester and getting out of the house or does the walking become tiresome? Your mom is in my prayers and thoughts.

Does the protein bar recipe sound good?

Honored Contributor

IMG_5172.JPG

Honored Contributor

Strawberry grilled cheeseIMG_5173.JPG

Honored Contributor

IMG_5174.JPG

Honored Contributor

IMG_5175.JPG

Honored Contributor

IMG_5176.JPG

Honored Contributor

IMG_5177.JPG

Honored Contributor

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

Since today is Pineapple Upside Down Cake day I checked for a recipe in the Recipes Forum  and found this one posted by doglover3.  It calls for an 8x8" pan -- but I have and will make it in a 9" pan. 

Recipe – Pineapple Upside Down Cake  (8x8" pan) 

Oven temp. 350 deg., glass 325 deg., bake 40 min. until done.

Drain 1 can sliced pineapple, reserve juice

In 8 x 8 square pan, melt 4 tablespoon butter and 1 cup packed brown sugar. When melted arrange 9 slices of pineapple side by side and set 9 cherries into holes. Set aside.

Cake mixture:

Beat 4 eggs until frothy

Add 1 c. sugar

1 c. flour

1 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. vanilla

1/2 tsp. salt

2 tablespoon juice from pineapple

Beat and pour over the pineapple ...Bake. When cool, turn upside down on platter.

Source:  QVC Recipe Forum, sallyann38, posted by doglover3

@AnikaBrodie

Thanks for the recipe.  It sounds easy enough to make.  I hope I get the chance to make it.  I think I will wait on the electrician's being gone as I can just see me putting it in the oven and then the electricity being cut.

I haven't had this for many years.

Honored Contributor

@possummink wrote:

haha chickens...:)

Butterfly,  Seriously, one of my cousins in Oklahoma has fancy hens and gets naturally blue,  green, and other colored eggs from them.   She protects those chickens from all things that would menace them.  She treats them as pets and they are quite friendly and loving.  Some like being held and hugged. 

@possummink

The chickens were not approved by landlord. 

Thank you for the beautiful pictures though❤️

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@Sassy7356

I wonder if the zoo has had a lot of complaints about the cameras going dark. I become very attached to animals whether in person or on a live feed.

Are you looking forward to going to Rochester and getting out of the house or does the walking become tiresome? Your mom is in my prayers and thoughts.

Does the protein bar recipe sound good?

@butterfly123

The walking isn't too bad for me at Mayo as the building her doctor is in has a ramp attached.  Now, if they were to send her elsewhere on campus that could be a very different story.  Thanks for the prayers and thoughts.  I am pretty sure she will tell her doctor it is a go ahead.  Next appointment then will be with the surgeon.  The hardest part for me is the ride as I am uncomfortable and in pain after 15 minutes of riding in a car.  The drive takes even longer as we have stop points for me to be able to get out of the car for a bit.

The protein bar recipe does sound good to me.  Quite a few of the ingredients I will have to buy.