Honored Contributor

@Puddles@beastielove@Sassy7356@AnikaBrodie@lulutoby@possummink

At 2:30 am we had a storm adventure. The sirens were sounding, DH was awake any way (he couldn't sleep beginning at 1:30 am, there I was 💤 ing away. The winds were pretty fierce-sounding.

Our DIRECT TV took as long to re-start then the storm had passed us! My iPad had come in handy for immediate access to the storm and reports. 

Where is the best place to access bad weather?

Anyway, we are safe without damage. 13 surrounding schools are closed today due to power outages.

Hope everybody is ok today?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Shoebill

Honored Contributor

Re: THE SIDEWALK CAFE

[ Edited ]

@LTT1

th.jpeg

So glad to hear you are OK.  How scarey!!!  When bad weather strikes here we tune in to local tv and radio stations.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

Shoebill

@mousiegirl

I looked and looked and looked at this before the face registered.  What a creature!  It looks quite large.

Honored Contributor

@Sassy7356  The manatee, love them, don't live that long due to the motor boats that rip them up, but I think now there are laws that keep the boats away from their area, I hope. 

Manatee-Appreciation-Day-Last-Wednesday-in-March-1024x512.jpg

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Sassy7356  The manatee, love them, don't live that long due to the motor boats that rip them up, but I think now there are laws that keep the boats away from their area, I hope. 

Manatee-Appreciation-Day-Last-Wednesday-in-March-1024x512.jpg

@mousiegirl

That's terrible and very sad.  I did not know that.

Honored Contributor

Caracal Kittens

Caracal kittens...:

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Sassy7356

Shoebill by 42203050@N00, via Flickr:

@mousiegirl

I had to Google them as I would be scared to run into one.

"

The Shoebill: Or, the Most Terrifying Bird in the World 

Of all the possible names, how on earth is it called the Shoebill? “Monsterface” would be better. Or “Death Pelican.” Or “Literally the Most Frightening Bird On Earth.”  Though I don’t think I’d go anywhere near one, humans don’t have to worry. Shoebills, which live in the swamps of eastern tropical Africa, are after smaller prey. But only slightly smaller. They eat big fish like lungfish, eels, and catfish, and also crazy stuff like Nile monitor lizards, snakes, and baby crocodiles. This bird eats crocodiles!  And they hunt like total bosses of the swamp. The Shoebill will stand there, motionless as a statue, and wait for some poor lungfish or baby crocodile to swim by. Then the bird will pounce forward, all five feet of it, with its massive bill wide open, engulfing its target along with water, mud, vegetation, and probably any other hapless fish minding their own business. Clamping down on its prey, the bird will start to swing its massive head back and forth, tipping out whatever stuff it doesn’t want to eat. When there’s nothing but lungfish or crocodile left, the Shoebill will give it a quick decapitation with the sharp edges of the bill (because of course it does) and swallow away."

Honored Contributor

Caracal