Honored Contributor

@lulutoby wrote:

49667066_10218372872938734_6438718471390887936_n.jpg

@lulutoby   LOL!

Honored Contributor

@Sassy7356 wrote:

72818399_1336522253192202_3648320571852193792_n.jpg

Brrrrr.... it is a chilly one today and there is no sun.  Temps are in the 30s with windchills in the 20s.  The weekend isn't suppose to improve much.  Hope it is warmer where you live.

@Sassy7356   Gorgeous Indian summer here, which will continue for at least a month, 70's weather, my favorite weather of the year.  Your weather is almost cold enough for snow, I think.

Honored Contributor

hello all

facial is done, just grabbed a quick lunch here at home.

had my face dermaplaned today. A fancy word for face was shaved. Whole face. Wow it feels just wonderful.

dh took Mac computer into apple store and got the new os system installed, since we have a G drive running on the Mac computer at all times, the new update installed all the programs i use on a daily bases .

Dh and grandson they are grabbing a bite to eat at mall and coming home. We are then going to take grandson home to son in law,he is at home recouping and we are heading down to Dover the mall down there.

ok guys will check in later

Honored Contributor

@lulutoby wrote:

@possummink , Mom would make this hamburger stew with okra, canned veg-all, tomatoes, potatoes, hamburger and onion.  She always added Tabasco to her bowl.  

It was good.  We grew up loving the tangy taste okra added to the dish.

@lulutoby 

Cindy,  Your mama's hamburger stew looks delicious, a lot like my beef, veggie, barley soup which I plan on making soon as I am a seasonal cook.  Soups, stews, chilies, roasts etc being, to me,  Autumn and Winter supper feasts.   Love soup in particular.    

I always try to have okra on hand, mostly in the freezer, and in various mixes and forms.  I keep the sliced okra, plain, for the soups.   I have a tomato/okra mix from Pictsweet brand in the freezer that I haven't tried yet.  Everyone in my family is a fan of okra, mainly the breaded and fried type.  We never have enough to satisfy everyone at a meal,  it seems.  We lucked out at Lamberts on Tuesday, my daughter and I, in that it wasn't the rush supper hour and the guys who were doing the fried okra 'pass arounds',  came by our table 4 times.  Normally you're lucky if they come 2 times.   We got double scoops the 2nd and 3rd times.  I could make a meal just out of it. 

Wow,  you are really moving along in your home move.  I had no idea the household items sale was last weekend.  I may have missed some postings related to that.   I still haven't caught up reading all the posts I missed while in Oklahoma.   

When you get the chance, please tell me how you were able to have someone come in and ready the items for sale.  I know you told me once, but I 'lost' the info. or misplaced the paper that I'd written the info down on.   I guess it's best to take the things you want to keep and put them somewhere safe.  I have some figurines, and the big Regina Music box plus it's big metal discs, some sheep, owls, ect. that I want to keep, though there's really no room for them here at this house.  Both places need a bulldozer to come in and push stuff out, especially this place.  My brother has things he's forgotten he has and will never use most,  95%, again.  Yet he keeps it, and more.  

I hope the move gets easier for you now that some things are taken.   I do not want to be there to see my things go but know someone else can make use of them and hopefully enjoy them as I did.  I just have to figure out how and what to do with the stuff I want to keep for a while longer.  So many wishes, but not now under my current circumstances. 

Honored Contributor

Re: THE PUMPKIN PATCH

[ Edited ]

@viva923   

Glad to hear your SIL is home and recovering, so scary.

NO way would I stay up to do laundry, LOL, I can barely make myself do it on the days I am allowed, lol.  Washing is easy, but I don't fold any longer, waste of energy for me. 

I used to fold all of the kitchen dish bar towels and cloths, now just toss them, a huge pile, into the deep drawer, works for me, lol.  The work around here is overwhelming, so I have to put energy into the larger issues.

It was a great day for me, years ago, that I decided to buy a comforter for the bed and stop using a bedspread, so I can just pull this up, and no more evening out and tucking.  I go easier on myself where I can.

Fall garden duties keep me outside for a stretch until everything is repotted, when necessary, and long, steep driveway swept of leaves, a huge project, then scattered into beds as mulch, and along the entire garden path to prevent mud when the rain comes, don't want muddy paws or shoes, works perfectly.

When I was young, one could eat off of my floor, everything was so clean and neat, every day, now, I wouldn't advise eating off of my floor, lol, sad but true.

Sometimes I ask myself, WHY did I enlarge the kitchen and laundry rooms, just more to clean.  I wish I had a fairy to take care of indoor duties, while I am outside, my favorite place to be, having fun gardening.  Now, something always is neglected until I can get to it.  I really must stop cooking, lol, DH would frown on that.

Honored Contributor

@Sassy7356 wrote:

72654757_1165062030361540_4604941614102609920_n.jpg

@Sassy7356 

Sassy,  How cute this is.   I love and collect owl thingys,  love having the real owls outside hooting here at night.   Even see a Barred Owl now and then in the daylight.   We used to have Screech owls nesting in out black walnut trees, but haven't seen them in years.  Too much development in the area for food sources, I guess. 

Hope you are doing well and am so glad little Sassy is doing so good with her recovery.    I just closed up most of the windows in the house.  It's cloudy, damp, and quite chilly here in eastern MO. 45 degrees, feeling like 38.  Our low is supposed to be 36 and I am hoping no lower than that.  I will bring my big croton in and maybe my ponytail palm.  Most of my houseplants and the bananas can withstand 36.   

The Cardinals have a playoff game here tonight, and it's going to be really cold at the stadium.  It's a sell out so I imagine lots of blankets, hoodies, etc will be out 'in force' at the game too.   Keep warm  and pets to the pups. HeartCat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@lulutoby wrote:

No photo description available.

Yes, I'm on the list and hope I never have to go.

@lulutoby 

Cindy,   Same here.  Never want to go to one of those places.  I am much more of a loner.   My first name is on the list.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl   We have had a few snow showers and they are to continue through tomorrow.  We are getting nothing like North Dakota - thank goodness.  I like to enjoy Autumn without the snow.   I hope the rain/snow showers hold off as DH is going to grill out hamburgers for dinner tonight.

Trusted Contributor

@Sassy7356 wrote:

EGiDG1FWsAE7oQw.jpg

Sassy, sweetest little kitty pic, just took to it at once! Maybe because I have always felt different from everyone else. Anyway touched my đź’ś.

Lulu, I had soup today just because your posts of homemade soup were irresistible, but mine was canned, alas. The sun here is at least shining today but still very cold, especially at night. I am sure we will get some warmer weather so my outside chores will wait until that day......Mousie I am like you in that I would rather work outside and chores inside slide if I can be outdoors! Winter I catch up on deep cleaning inside. 

Possummink, I will be rooting for the Cardinals tonight, would be great to bring another championship to St.Louis along with the Blues! My physical therapist was just talking yesterday that he was excited for your Cardinals as well. 

I have had a stubborn sore throat for two weeks, it subsides a bit but then comes back with a vengeance sometimes accompanied by bad headache. Hate to go to the doctor, keep hoping it is just the change of weather. At least it has not knocked me off my feet . Will have soup again tonight!

have a great day everyone, off to pay some bills.

Honored Contributor

Re: THE PUMPKIN PATCH

[ Edited ]

@viva923 wrote:

PS don't forget my MAC is going in for update tomorrow new OS system, so don't know how long that will take and how long it will take to set up the files and such, so may be off air for a day or

@viva923   Hurry back.

ETA:  I see you are back!Woman LOL  Thanks for the update on DSIL. Keeping him in my prayers and hope he heals well.

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh