Honored Contributor

HELLO 

finally chores are finished, wash is dried and folded. 

my order from alfred dunner came,so washing my new slacks

overcast and very cool today. only 60 today, first warm up could be saturday or sunday.

ok guys will check in later.

Honored Contributor

Related image

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

DH and I will be leaving tomorrow for a color tour up north.It's real neat to tour on the motorcycle as you can see things better.Will also visit with daughters and grands.

Have a nice week.

Honored Contributor

"My Armadillo" !!! Smiley Happy 

The top photo is the first picture I took of him, and the rest as he progressively got closer to me.  I wish I'd thought to take one picture with my feet in it to show how close this little critter came to me, not realizing I was standing there.  

Honored Contributor

@possummink wrote:

"My Armadillo" !!! Smiley Happy 

The top photo is the first picture I took of him, and the rest as he progressively got closer to me.  I wish I'd thought to take one picture with my feet in it to show how close this little critter came to me, not realizing I was standing there.  

@possummink   One year, while driving through Alabama, we saw so many of these dead in the road, unbelievable how many there were.

Honored Contributor

Prairie Dog 'town'.   There were a lot of them but most weren't as brave as the few in these pictures.   They whistled their warings and other chrips plus barks.   Lots of fun to see these little guys.   Thomas had a french fry to feed one plus a cracker from Kiwi.    The area a bit north of  Fort Sill reminds me of the Western states like Kansas, South Dakota etc    

We were further south than Amarillo, Texas, and it was colder there one night that at home in Missouri.   We were only about 40 miles north of the Texas border when at Jillian's home. 

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl 

Mousie,  I know what you mean about seeing dillos as road kill.   We saw them on the sides of the road in Missouri and Oklahoma this trip and I have seen them a lot in the deep south states esp.  GA,  and FL.   They are moving up into this area, some of the western suburbs already.  I don't know how they'll stand up to the winter here, but if OK is any indicaiton of cold weather in the winter,  they'll survive ours.   It was really cold and so windy on Sunday, especially at Lake Letra on the base.  It's such a beautiful place, with so much to see and history to learn.  

Saw Geronimo's grave and will post pictures of the monument for him.  There is an Indian cemetery on base.   That's where he's buried along with his wife and daughter.  I didn't walk over to it but my daughter and granddaughter did and they took the photos I'll post. 

Honored Contributor

Re: THE PUMPKIN PATCH

[ Edited ]

@possummink wrote:

@mousiegirl 

Mousie,  I know what you mean about seeing dillos as road kill.   We saw them on the sides of the road in Missouri and Oklahoma this trip and I have seen them a lot in the deep south states esp.  GA,  and FL.   They are moving up into this area, some of the western suburbs already.  I don't know how they'll stand up to the winter here, but if OK is any indicaiton of cold weather in the winter,  they'll survive ours.   It was really cold and so windy on Sunday, especially at Lake Letra on the base.  It's such a beautiful place, with so much to see and history to learn.  

Saw Geronimo's grave and will post pictures of the monument for him.  There is an Indian cemetery on base.   That's where he's buried along with his wife and daughter.  I didn't walk over to it but my daughter and granddaughter did and they took the photos I'll post. 

@possummink   I have enough Cherokee in me to qualify as American Indian/Native American, found this out in my thirties, the rest of me is Euopean, a mutt I am.

I read many books thereafter, and that is when I learned the truth, that the westerns on tv were not the truth, truly heartbreaking what the Indians endured.

Honored Contributor

Image result for bison imagesBig hello to all of the Pumpkin Patch friends!  Gods blessings to you and your family and friends.  I'm enjoying the posts and pictures very much!  I love all of God's creatures.  We are getting a little rain and cooler temps here in B'ham.  I would love to tour each state in the country and take in all of their history and beauty... it could happen.  Take care everyone and be back soon, With very much love. SC Heart