Honored Contributor

Re: THE MAGIC OF CHRISTMAS๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ…๐ŸŽ๐ŸŒŸ๐Ÿ””

May be an image of text that says 'เธญเน„n Ephรฉmรฉrรฉride Seasonal Calendar Epiphanie'

Honored Contributor

May be an image of coffee cup and text

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@1Snickers wrote:

@Sweet Caroline 1   I sympathize with your not wanting your sister on the roof! It's dangerous! 
   @possummink Before we had gutter guards my husband cleaned gutters . I was going to the store and he got the ladder. I told him not to do it unless I was home.

When I returned I heard him screaming from the roof. I asked why he didn't wait and why he was yelling. He said the ladder fell down and to put it up so he could get down.

I told him I didn't want to do that and went inside for awhile. I called the gutter people and made an appointment for new gutters. Then I put the ladder up and he came down. He didn't say much! 
   Now I'm waiting still for the insurance to pay for a new gutter!

๐Ÿชœ ๐Ÿก ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ 

@1Snickers   Don't gutter guards have to be cleaned also, just as gutters?  What brand do you have?  I havn't let DH on the roof for over a decade.  As soon as the gutters would be cleaned, tons more leaves would fall.

How do you take care of gutter guards?

@mousiegirl 

Mousie,   My brother had gutter thingys put on all of the gutters here several years ago.   These 'covers' look like metal tops or caps  for the gutters and no leaves can get into them.   The leaves that do fall onto the roof get blown off by the winds or breezes and in some areas where there are 'gullies' on the roof they gather but don't clog the downspouts from the gutters.   Every now and then my younger brother, 79, goes up there and gets them off.   Whoever built this house over the years, farmers etc,  made a flat roof on the north side of the house like a little patio type thing, with a 'wall' about 2-3 feet high,  surrounding it on 2 sides, one bedroom on the 3rd side and the slant of the roof over the kitchen and a 'gully' on the east side.  No door to get out there, just the double windows from the bedroom on the south side.  I have no clue as to the reason for this space being there but it does collect leaves from the big buckeye, pin oaks, maples etc and any other tree leaves that the wind deposits there.  It's easily accessible by ladder and has to be cleaned every year.  My brother hasn't been up there yet, so it's a job waiting to be done.   I don't know what they were thinking, whoever put that 'balcony' up there.  

๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿ˜ง๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ˜•

Honored Contributor

May be an image of text that says 'The mind will not always remember exactly what happened, but the heart will always remember the feeling. Brigitte Nicole LIFERHINO Y'

Honored Contributor

May be an image of map and text that says 'THE WORLD IS A CAT S PLAYING WITH AUSTRALIA'

Honored Contributor

No photo description available.

Honored Contributor

May be an image of text that says 'A Wish for the Week Ahead May you give yourself grace as you enter the new year. May you allow yourself the imperfection that marks new beginnings. May you challenge the voices that tell you to rush, rush, rush because of worry, or fear, or impulsivity. May you move toward your goals, big and small, while appreciating each step. May you remember that you ARE good enough, and may you be full of coffee, courage, and compassion Sweatpants coffee @SweatpantsAndoee,C2019,2021 LLC 2019, Sweatpants And Coffee, Nane Hoftman'

Honored Contributor

May be a cartoon of dog and text that says 'SHOULD PROBABLY BE MORE REALISTIC wawm w BARK RESOLUTIONS LESS WAG TO BENICER BE THE NICER MORE CAT 12/31 maria Scrivan'