Honored Contributor

Re: THE MAGIC OF CHRISTMAS๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ…๐ŸŽ๐ŸŒŸ๐Ÿ””

May be a cartoon of dog and text that says 'I rescued you from a pet Shelter, and by your love and beautiful company, you ended up rescuing me. LiLHeartToons.com rangis ยฉ2016'

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

May be an image of candle and text

Honored Contributor

May be an image of text that says 'we're gonna need a bigger mousetrap!'

Honored Contributor

May be an image of 2 people and text

Honored Contributor

May be an image of sky and text that says 'The mind replays what the heart can't delete. "LIFERHINO LIFE'

Honored Contributor

May be a closeup

Snowflake from Linn, Missouri, taken today.   Cold, 18, with a wind chill of 7 degrees.   I just came back inside after filling the feeders for the early morning birds and for the possums tonight.  Put dry cat food, two cans of wet cat food, raisins and peanuts out for them.  I have a couple that come every night to eat.  They don'd hibernate and need to find food often.  They also do not have heavy winter fur,  just hair and none on their ears or tails,  so they need help especially in developed areas where natural foods are not readily available.  

Our low tonight is 11,  so it's soup and waming things for supper.  Think I'll skip my icecream tonight!!   Didn't get much snow here, just a light 'film' on the roof and ground plus Belle.  Stayed home today again,  haven't left the house since Wednesday.  

Honored Contributor

@possummink ,

I so enjoy reading about all your adventures.  You are an angel to care for the outside critters that need help so badly. I know they are so glad to sleep with full bellies. I have a group of feral cats that I feed everyday,  and we have shelter for them in this cold weather.  

We had heavenly rainfall all day on Friday, and then a beautiful daytime snowfall came to us yesterday.  We did enjoy both so very much. A beautiful beginning to 2022. 

Happy new year Possum

maxresdefault-1.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl  Originally we just had gutters. Then my husband bought the wire type that fit over them and they had to be cleaned. Better than nothing. 
  After he was stuck on the roof we got Leafguard gutters. They are a solid piece that don't clog up and they clean them if they do.  In VA a large company just bought all the small businesses. Price for half of my house went from $6,000 to $15,000!. 
   Mine are smaller and I can't find the size, so more has to be put on to fit plus new downspouts. 
    I found another company very similar with The Drying Co. it's called Gutter Shutter & they can fit my old downspouts. Around $6,000. There are many gutter guard types, some good and some bad. 
     Tomorrow I call insurance again! 
       ๐ŸŒณ ๐ŸŒฒ  ๐Ÿก  ๐ŸŒฒ ๐ŸŒณ

Honored Contributor

It's time to celebrate winter now that the Christmas holidays are over. Join us on the new thread entitled The Wonder of Winter on Among Friends. Everyone is welcome. See you there.

โ€œA little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.โ€ Winnie-the-Pooh