Honored Contributor

Re: THE MAGIC OF CHRISTMAS🎄🎅🎁🌟🔔

free little library

A few months ago one of our neighbors had a "Free Little Library" erected in front of his home in memory of his beloved wife who was a guidance teacher.  All the neighbors love it and use it often.  It's stocked with both fiction and non-fiction books as well as puzzles. 

Ed just left to return books and get a few more.  He's an avid reader and probably one of Burt's best customers.  There are benches erected throughout our neighborhood for people to use when walking.  One of them is beside the little library ... a perfect spot!

Here is some information on the program:

"...Little Free Library is a creative idea, thought up by Todd Bol and Rick Brooks, that aims to promote literacy and bring communities together by putting up mini libraries in neighborhoods around the world. Started in 2009, it's a nonprofit that seeks to place these small, accessible book exchange boxes right in front of a house or on a street corner. (Take a book, return a book.) You can buy a box directly from the Little Free Library website, download plans on how to build one, or completely make one yourself.

What makes the idea so special? Their website states: “Little Free Libraries have a unique, personal touch and there is an understanding that real people are sharing their favorite books with their community. These aren't just any old books, this is a carefully curated collection and the Library itself is a piece of neighborhood art!”

In 2011, there were just 100 libraries and currently there's around 6,000 of them, all around the world. “By that account, we'll have 25,000 libraries by the end of the year,” says Bol. For $35, Little Free Library owners can put their library in a database so that others can find them. Those who register will also receive discounts and information about how to keep and maintain their library.

“It's started a neighborhood exchange. It gets people talking and more comfortable with their neighbors,” he said. “This leads to them helping each other...”

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

May be an image of text that says 'Special Friend Your friendship is a special GIFT that I treasure every day. Hope you'll always know that I care for you more than words can say! inspired inspireSositjveIP Sositioe sensations'

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@Sassy7356 wrote:

May be a cartoon of text that says 'Pets are not presents they are family members. DO NOT let this happer happen at your house! Make choosing a new pet a family affair with much research, in person meetings and plans set for a life time flove! December 24th February 24th Incredible. ক Incredible'

@Sassy7356 

Thank you!!! Cat Very Happy

(((((HeartSASSY7356Heart)))))

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

@Sassy7356 wrote:

May be an image of text that says 'Which FB/AUDREYLOVESDADIS best describes you? A Ihave finished Christmas shopping. B B have started Christmas shopping. c I will start Christmas shopping soon. D Ihaven't even thought about it yet.'

A for me.  All done just waiting on a few to arrive.

@Sassy7356 

A....All done!

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws  =^..^=

Honored Contributor

This contains an image of: {{ pinTitle }}

Honored Contributor

May be an image of cat, christmas tree and text that says 'What do you mean "get down"? You said I was an angel.'

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

@Puddles wrote:

May be an image of cat, christmas tree and text that says 'What do you mean "get down"? You said I was an angel.'

@Puddles 

Absolutely purr-cious! Heart

---------------------------------

All of my children have paws  =^..^=