Respected Contributor

Regardless of your feelings about the monarchy,  you have to appreciate the history and pageantry. 

As to the poster who said it was dull, like watching paint dry, please enlighten us on the exciting day you have planned. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Travone  Well, my exciting day is hitting the grocery store and getting the oil changed in my car.  

But my thrilling life is not being televised ad nauseam.

As to having to appreciate the history and pageantry, no actually I don't have to. 

Respected Contributor

Indeed it IS tradition. 

Honored Contributor

IMO, monarchy/royalty like QVC is obsolete.  From what I've seen in the newspapers, many in Britain feel the same way.

Not watching a nano second of this.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@Travone  Well, my exciting day is hitting the grocery store and getting the oil changed in my car.  

@CrazyKittyLvr2. you may want to do those things on separate days.   It may be too much excitement for you to do them on the same day.  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

But my thrilling life is not being televised ad nauseam.

As to having to appreciate the history and pageantry, no actually I don't have to. 

@CrazyKittyLvr2 , I agree, we are not all enthralled by royalty. In a way I admired the late queen for her sense of duty, but I have no use for Charles. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

Been watching since 2:30 AM .  ( PBS ) Enjoying every minute ! 

Respected Contributor

I just now watched on video some of the long processional walk into Westminster Abbey. I think for the first time I saw a really strong resemblance of Charles to his mother. Maybe it was in his eyes or expression, I don't know. But I saw it and felt it. 

I wish King Charles, his family, and the people of England all the best.    

Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Nope!  I can't stand either one of them.  If it were William and Kate, that would be another story entirely.  

@AngelPuppy1 

First let me say no judgment on my part. I wrestle enough with my own transgressions to be occupied by someone else. And at the same time I respect others' opinions.

So I ask in all sincerity...how do you feel about William's purported longstanding affair with Rose Hanbury who has been dubbed "the new Camilla"?

Perhaps a case of history repeating itself?

Honored Contributor

My alarm went off at 5am but my body wouldn't get up. I dozed off and woke up at 6am just as the king and queen were arriving at Westminster Abbey so the timing was perfectly.  The history, the pageantry, the ceremony; it was all thrilling and emotional.