Honored Contributor

Re: THE FALL HAYRIDE🍂🏈🎃🍗

Good evening friends, My sisters and I are back from our day out and I don't mind tellin ya, I'm exhausted. I think I'll wait for the Christmas thread to give you some details. That will let me rest a little. Huggins!

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirlwrote:

It's cold and sunny today.

I made a vat of turkey soup with the carcass on Wednesday, so good we ate it for dinner, DH ate it for lunch yesterday, and I ate it for dinner. DH ate the last of the turkey meatball and broccoli pasta from the freezer, and when he eats pasta, I eat something else that doesn't require much effort. don't think this soup will last long in the freezer, but at least I know there are quite a few meals that I won't have to cook.

I spent last night bringing up the florals for my gingerbread scene, went to bed around 12:30 am. I could barely get up yesterday, my body is screaming for rest, but that won't happen until after Christmas if I survive, lol.

I almost took a header last night when I took the dogs out. The girl balks at stepping onto wet and I think she did something that pulled me off the deck stair and I went flying, but thankfully, I was able to remain on my feet, one shoe off.

DH took another load of donations a few days ago, and will take many items to a feline rescue before too long. I have many new, one used, litter pans from when I was rescuing, and about three or so cat carriers, DD wants one, etc. I emailed stating what I have and was told anything I am willing to donate will be accepted.

I also have many rabbit water bottles, towels, to give to the Humane Society, so DH will be a traveling, lol, as it is further away.

I noticed that one of my girl's eyes was weepy and she was squinting, a few days ago, finally realized that I must have scratched it while cleaning her eyes, happened before. I read that a saline solution could be used, but when reading further, noticed that distilled water is as good to flush the eye, so was happy as that is the water I drink throughout the night, so have been doing that, and also ordered terramycin from amazon which arrived yesterday. Her eye seems better this morning, hopefully it heals soon.

Wishing everyone a great weekend.

Dear @mousiegirl, One time I made a vat of meatloaf for a family Christmas. I couldn't get it to get done. It was so big, finally I just carried it to my sisters where Christmas was being held and finished cooking it over there. The oven was on for so long that her house was overheated and we had to open the doors. My nephews wife shouted out in amazement... thats the biggest meatloaf I've everseen! I think thats the last meatloaf I ever made. My older sister took over making the meatloaf after that. Smiley Happy

I sure am glad that you didn't fall. Only losing one shoe. I got a visual when that shoe flew off and got a little tickled. Sorry.

I sure hope that your little dog's eye will clear up and be well. Please keep us posted. Love ya!

Honored Contributor

@1Snickerswrote:

@Sassy7356wrote:

May be an illustration

@Sassy7356& all: I recall making these paper snowflakes. Mama didn't want me doing it in the house. I went next door in our duplex to my grandmother's house. She said we had to have hot chocolate with marshmallows first. It was delicious as were her sugar cookies.
We made many snowflakes and I helped sweep up all of the clippings. We strung them from a twine rope in her front window. She had a wreath with a candle in the middle that plugged in and those snowflakes were above it. My grandmother and I made many unforgettable memories. ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

Dear @1Snickers I loved reading about your memories of making snowflakes with your grandmother. She sounds so sweet. Hugs!

Honored Contributor

Oh my goodness friends, I forgot that I have some peach wine. I think that I'll partake Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

The Christmas Thread entitled A Season To Believe has been posted on Among Friends. Please join us here:
“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Trusted Contributor

It's cold and sunny today.

I made a vat of turkey soup with the carcass on Wednesday, so good we ate it for dinner, DH ate it for lunch yesterday, and I ate it for dinner. DH ate the last of the turkey meatball and broccoli pasta from the freezer, and when he eats pasta, I eat something else that doesn't require much effort. don't think this soup will last long in the freezer, but at least I know there are quite a few meals that I won't have to cook.

I spent last night bringing up the florals for my gingerbread scene, went to bed around 12:30 am. I could barely get up yesterday, my body is screaming for rest, but that won't happen until after Christmas if I survive, lol.

I almost took a header last night when I took the dogs out. The girl balks at stepping onto wet and I think she did something that pulled me off the deck stair and I went flying, but thankfully, I was able to remain on my feet, one shoe off.

DH took another load of donations a few days ago, and will take many items to a feline rescue before too long. I have many new, one used, litter pans from when I was rescuing, and about three or so cat carriers, DD wants one, etc. I emailed stating what I have and was told anything I am willing to donate will be accepted.

I also have many rabbit water bottles, towels, to give to the Humane Society, so DH will be a traveling, lol, as it is further away.

I noticed that one of my girl's eyes was weepy and she was squinting, a few days ago, finally realized that I must have scratched it while cleaning her eyes, happened before. I read that a saline solution could be used, but when reading further, noticed that distilled water is as good to flush the eye, so was happy as that is the water I drink throughout the night, so have been doing that, and also ordered terramycin from amazon which arrived yesterday. Her eye seems better this morning, hopefully it heals soon.

Wishing everyone a great weekend.

@mousiegirl

I am glad you just lost one shoe instead of tumbling down the stairs. I was wondering if you have time amongst all your decorating to describe how you used the turkey carcass and what you added to the soup? It sounds good and I like the idea of not wasting any part of the bird. I hope your daughter is still planning on making it to your home for Christmas.

Honored Contributor

@hullieThis time it had to be simple as I am so busy, so I put it in a huge pot of water and let it simmer most of the day, removed the carcass and used my Asian strainer which removed every single bit leaving a clear broth. they I added carrots, potatoes, and later frozen corn and ditalini pasta, but any noodle would be fine or none, and once the pasta was cooked, everything else was, dinner was served. I normally begin with onion, but forgot and it didn't matter as the broth was delicious.

I find with making soups, and you probably do also, that basically anything can be used. I used to make a green soup yearly, didn't last year, beginning with sauted onions and chicken broth, and to all of the greens, chard, kale, escarole, etc. were added boxed chopped tomatoes and cannellini beans, lots, no pasta in this soup. This soup takes all day counting the prep.