Honored Contributor

Re: THE FALL HAYRIDE🍂🏈🎃🍗

@Tissyanne wrote:

@possummink wrote:

@possummink ,

Love this so much. I would like to spend time here. I hope you have all,your groceries brought in now, and put away. I was in two grocery stores Friday, and they were very busy, but the check out lines were nothing like what you described.  

I hope you are enjoying this weekend. It sure has gone by quickly for me. 

Enjoy the evening.  

@Tissyanne 

Tissyanne,  Thank you and I hope your evening is peaceful and relaxing. 

I had to go back to the grocery store today and it was crowded.  Guess a lot of people forgot things as I did last week.  I had to get gift cards, some more veggies, and use up some digital coupons I had that would expire tomorrow.   They pay off a bit.   The store was crowded but instead of 4 registers plus self checkout they had 8 cash registers going today so the wait was minimal.  Thankful for that.   Still have a bit to put away and thankfully the back porch will be ok for the celery, onions, etc.   

Honored Contributor

May be an image of ‎text that says '‎ال Falling Leaves Ð hayrides Pumpkin L E HARVEST S P scarecrow FAMILY N cider apple autumn G give thanks‎'‎

Honored Contributor

May be an image of text

Honored Contributor

Hey @hullie    The gift sent to you by your friends daughter sounds precious.  I know it means a lot to you and sounds yummy.  

I use to have a widows peak in the front and it's gone and one side of my forehead is falling a little bit farther back than the other side.  I use to be brunette but now my hair is black with salt, the salt being more around the front.  I bought some medium brown haircolor a short while back but will leave the hair color off for now.  I just don't spend a lot of time looking in the mirror because I've stopped putting makeup on.  But a couple of days ago I got a good look at my hairline and I was shocked to see the bigger forehead.  Wowzers!  I have lived with heavy stress for years and years with ex husband and my sister.  A couple of days ago, I took one antihistamine tablet to sort of relax me and act as a kind of nerve relaxer.  Just trying to stay calm.  

I'm wondering if I should make an appt with the 'Total Skin and Beauty' or with my sister's dermatolotist.  The former sounds very expensive.  I think that I've decided to try my sister's dr first, sister often has to go there to get weird growths removed.  They treat her very well.  

If you can picture it, I'm pulling my hair to the back and clipping that with the clamp, too short for a french twist but the same look from the front.  Then, tossle the front hair to the side like a little side bang.  I'll try to find a picture of it to post for you.  I read on line to stop using scrunchies and to not use anything that holds the hair tightly.  I've been using the Herbal Essence Rose shampoo and conditioner.  

I hope that your hair stops thinning out but I sincerely think that it will all grow back in, maybe even thicker.  Try to avoid stress if you can.  Move about for good circulation and take those vitamins.  Thats what I'm doing as well as scalp massage and that hair light that I ordered from Q.  

I use to love the History Channel, we had cable when I was married.  I love history, the real history that is being discovered, not the old made up stuff that we were brainwashed with in the past.  Trump still didn't release all of the Kennedy files that were top secret.  Must be something shocking.  I love real 'who done it's' and the British mysteries.  The British really have good mysteries.  Enjoy your shows, Love ya!

Honored Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

@viva923   I hope your visiting nurse was on time! When I have appointments that allow service people many hours I put a note on the door saying I'm walking the dog around the circle be back in 5 minutes. Usually I'm back before they come. I hope your foot is better! 
      🐶🐾🚶🏻‍♀️⏰

Dear @viva923   I hope that you had a good nurse visit too, and that your foot is healing.  God Bless!

Honored Contributor

Best Updos for Thin Hair | Viviscal Healthy Hair Tips

Dear @hullie,  I love this look, I would try this look but remember my hair is darker and hair a little farther back in the front.  This would be a type of goal.  Hugs!

Esteemed Contributor

@Sassy7356 wrote:

May be an image of text that says 'Compostable Autumı Art Artby by Diana Cotter'

@Sassy7356  & all: This deer is amazing since it's made with leaves!

It's similar to one I was given one Christmas from my DIL's Mother. Mine is a large single leaf. There is a birdhouse in the trees painted on it. The lady who painted it is handicapped and paints with the brush held by her teeth!  
                🍁   🖼️  🖌️ 😬

Trusted Contributor

@Sweet Caroline 1 wrote:

Best Updos for Thin Hair | Viviscal Healthy Hair Tips

Dear @hullie,  I love this look, I would try this look but remember my hair is darker and hair a little farther back in the front.  This would be a type of goal.  Hugs!

@Sweet Caroline 1 

I like the messy look when pulled back like that. I could never do much with my hair other than wearing down styled loosely or in a ponytail when need it out of my way. I noticed online there were certain shampoos supposed to promote hair growth but I haven't tried any. I am still following my scalp cooling instructions until chemo is out of me....wash hair if possible only once a week, be very gentle with hair--no massaging, brush hair sparingly, no styling equipment or hair dryer. I can see where my hair has grown and where old highlights start but I don't know how long I have to wait before I can do highlights again. The way I have felt I didn't care anyway but I will care again when I get more zip back in my step. I just want to sit out on the beach in the sun too long and have a cold beer, my goal for June 1st. 

I am sorry you are still feeling ongoing stress. I deal with it too but I have learned over the years to try to accept my and my family's faults and strive to move on with good intentions and a heart that sees all my blessings. I know you are like this too.  I find a lot of the posting pics here are so helpful as they depict this attitude and remind us to enjoy life. Hugs to you too!

Honored Contributor

I've always enjoyed quotes by Maya Angelo and here is one I found tonight that touched me.

I've been missing in action for about a week due to illness.  I finally got in to see my family doctor today and I still have an acute upper respiratory infection with an acute cough that at times leaves me nearly breathless.  I will continue to follow doctor's orders and hope to feel better soon.  That includes lots of continued rest and medications.

My doctor also did a Covid test that, thankfully, was negative.  Both Ed and I have had five Covid vaccinations (the original two followed by three booster vaccinations) so I didn't think it was that but was beginning to wonder. 

As I write this I'm feeling very tired and can't say when I'll return to the forums.  I do read a few posts sometimes but haven't posted for more than a week.  Depending on my recovery I hope that will change before long.

(((Hugs))) and love to all.  Happy Thanksgiving.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor