Esteemed Contributor

Re: THE FALL HAYRIDE🍂🏈🎃🍗

[ Edited ]

@lulutoby   How nice to have a trained fox who comes to your whistle! 
   I've seen them occasionally in the woods, but it's beeen years. I think my Snickers smells them and different critters especially at night. 
  Everyone: Yesterday on our morning walk Snickers stopped in the street and froze looking up in a tall oak tree. Among the branches was a great Horned Owl . Snickers wouldn't leave Its been a while since she's seen one. It flew after watching us awhile. It was as big as Snickers. I hope it doesn't think she's a white rabbit. Snickers is fast and heavy though. 
  There are Turkey buzzards sometimes. Ugly, huge things but they do a job keeping our roadways clear of roadkill. I used to hear the loud buzzard gun that the club has to shoo them away when they become a nuisance.

Today I took newspapers to my son and he was eating a roast beef sandwich from Panara. He saves half for dinner, but it's and improvement. 
  I found Luminara candles on sale at Bed, bath and beyond. A good discount with extra 25% veterans discount. Three White slim and a textured 6 1/2 " in Champagne. I noticed the ones on QVC aren't on sale and no free shipping. it was time to replace some of my old ones. These only use AA batteries. 
  It's another 75 degree day and beautiful! I blew the driveway this morning and will do more later since it might rain tomorrow.
  Have a nice weekend all!

🦊 🦉 🕯🔋🍁🍂

Esteemed Contributor

@Sassy7356 wrote:

@Sassy7356   This Turkey impersonating a cow is hilarious! 
      I hope you're feeling better now with Thanksgiving around the corner.

Honored Contributor

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

@Sassy7356 wrote:

May be an image of text

@Sassy7356 

Thank you so much for posting this list of food items.  Tomorrow our church is having "Harvest Home" and the congregation is asked to bring non-perishable food for the celebration.  I started my collection already but want to add more.  The food will be donated to a local food bank.

I have printed out your list and will attach to my pantry door for Advent collection.  It's a wonderful cause and definitely needed by many families in our area. 

I agree @AnikaBrodie - we have printed it out and have it with our grocery shopping for the next time we are out.  Some we already have on hand.  We, too, will donate it to a local food bank.  Jason suggested we do it twice - once for Thanksgiving and then again for Christmas.

Honored Contributor

Singing

My friends at coffee klatch enjoyed the monkey bread this morning.  Some even had a second serving.  Smiley Happy  I added the recipe to my computer and if anyone wants a copy let me know.

When I got home I checked all the items on the front porch that fell during the wind and rain storm after midnight.  Fortunately, none of them were broken.  So I rearranged and placed them on the porch table for the rest of November. 

I worked on a Christmas wreath yesterday but am not ready to hang it yet.  I plan to make a second wreath, hopefully before December 1.  I need a sign "Let there be Peace on Earth" (or something similar) and white, gold and light pink flowers (for example, poinsettia, lily, hydrangea, magnolia, rose, baby's breath, iris, lamb's ear) for what I have in mind.  I also plan to add a few doves.  I'll decide on ribbon colors later on.  My plans mean a trip to Hobby Lobby and hope to find what I'm looking for.

It's turned into a nice day with temps in the low 60's and partly sunny (jacket/sweater weather).   Tomorrow promises to be cooler with a possible snow shower.  Cold front is on its way.  Temps will be lows in the 20's and highs in the 40's by early next week.  Smiley Sad  We're never quite ready for that.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

May be art of tree and outdoors

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

Singing

My friends at coffee klatch enjoyed the monkey bread this morning.  Some even had a second serving.  Smiley Happy  I added the recipe to my computer and if anyone wants a copy let me know.

When I got home I checked all the items on the front porch that fell during the wind and rain storm after midnight.  Fortunately, none of them were broken.  So I rearranged and placed them on the porch table for the rest of November. 

I worked on a Christmas wreath yesterday but am not ready to hang it yet.  I plan to make a second wreath, hopefully before December 1.  I need a sign "Let there be Peace on Earth" (or something similar) and white, gold and light pink flowers (for example, poinsettia, lily, hydrangea, magnolia, rose, baby's breath, iris, lamb's ear) for what I have in mind.  I also plan to add a few doves.  I'll decide on ribbon colors later on.  My plans mean a trip to Hobby Lobby and hope to find what I'm looking for.

It's turned into a nice day with temps in the low 60's and partly sunny (jacket/sweater weather).   Tomorrow promises to be cooler with a possible snow shower.  Cold front is on its way.  Temps will be lows in the 20's and highs in the 40's by early next week.  Smiley Sad  We're never quite ready for that.

@AnikaBrodie  I would love your recipe for Monkey Bread.  I am curious if it is close to the bread I make.  It's probably better.  

Honored Contributor

@Sassy7356 wrote:

@AnikaBrodie wrote

@AnikaBrodie  I would love your recipe for Monkey Bread.  I am curious if it is close to the bread I make.  It's probably better.  

@Sassy7356

Monkey Bread Recipe:  I tweaked it from Freshy Recipes website, adding walnuts with pecans and using hickory syrup.  I also added lemon extract.  Enjoy.

MONKEY BREAD RECIPE

Ingredients:

½ cup sugar

2 teas. cinnamon

2 (16 oz) cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits

¼ cup pecans (chopped)

1/4 cup walnuts (chopped)

1 cup brown sugar (half light, half dark)

¾ cup butter, melted

1 tbsp. hickory syrup (or maple)

2 teas. lemon extract (or 4 teas.)

Preparation:

1.   Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Generously coat a 3 quart Bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.

1.   Combine sugar and cinnamon in gallon size bag.

1.   Remove dough from canisters and separate into 16 biscuits.  Use sharp knife to cut each biscuit into quarters.  Place 4 pieces in bag and shake it up to coat each piece well.  Place layer of nuts in pan and arrange pieces in pan, repeating with remaining biscuit pieces and nuts.  

1.   In small bowl combine melted butter, brown sugar and syrup.  Mix well.

1.   Spoon mixture evenly over biscuit pieces.

1.   Bake 30 to 33 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.  Allow bread to cool in pan for 10 minutes before inverting onto serving plate.  Serve warm. 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

Multi Alexey Dmitrievich Shmyrov Sleeping Black Kitten Wrapped Canvas - Alternate Image 1

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

@Sassy7356 wrote:

I am Yammy Messy-Dressin'.

I'm Hot Buns Tryptophanny  Smiley Happy