Honored Contributor

Re: THE FALL HAYRIDE🍂🏈🎃🍗

Kim Niles Originals | Fine Art America

@LIG1    It is with a heavy heart that I tell you how very sad I am that Toby and Maggie both have crossed the Rainbow Bridge. They may be gone, but their sweet memories will live on forever. Sending lots of love during this time and keeping you and your DH in my thoughts.

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

This is what we've been doing since early this morning.  We went to farmer's market for McIntosh apples at 8:30.  Came home and started peeling and slicing apples.  Starting with 1 gallon cider we boiled cider down to 1/2 gallon.  About 10:00 started adding apple slices to Ninja slow cooker, adding more throughout the day as they cooked down.  At 9:00 PM turned cooker to low and will continue to cook all night long.  Will add sugar and spices (cinnamon, cloves, allspice) in the morning and cook some more.  Then put apple butter in jars, label and share with neighbors and freeze some for our use.  Delicious!!! 

We've done this for years, first in the oven and for the last many years in the slow cooker.  We had a lot of apples left over so I'll be baking apple crisp, pie, cake, etc.  We may even make another batch of apple butter.  Of course, I'll save some to munch on ... my favorite fruit.  Smiley Happy    

We had a delicious lunch at the Village Commons today.  They had an assortment of food -- veggie soup, lemon chicken, kielbasa with peppers, onions and mushrooms, braised cabbage, strawberry shortcake parfait.   We had an apple for supper.  Smiley Happy  Lunch is served at TVC every Monday and Wednesday from 11:30 to 1:00.

I hope y'all had a great Wednesday.  We did, and the weather was very cool in the morning (47 degrees) but warmed up during the day to a high of about 65 with clouds and sun and even a brief afternoon shower.

Prayers for Florida.  Our nephew and his family live in Wesley Chapel, apx. 20 miles north of Tampa.  They are on vacation in Switzerland til early October.  I hope their home is okay with only minimal damage when they get back home.  Heart 

Blessings to one and all.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

Finished product ... so delicious. 

This contains an image of: Old-Fashioned Apple Butter Recipe

Honored Contributor

Watercolor pumpkin clipart fall clipart thanksgiving | Etsy

Honored Contributor

It’s FALL Y’all – Running With Spears

Honored Contributor

This contains an image of: THE WONDER OF WINTER ☃️🌲❄️🎿   Is this us?   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

This contains an image of: LunaPic.com Photo Editor  tool

Honored Contributor

Good night!

Honored Contributor

My @Tissyanne 

Wishing you a good night with sweet dreams.