Esteemed Contributor

national-teflon-day-april-6-1024x512.png

Honored Contributor

Image result for nice evening images

Honored Contributor

Image result for nice evening images

Great news @sassy that DD surgery went well.

@possummink Hope you have a restful evening.

Just got back from my DD's with the meet and greet with her future In-laws and Texas taco's the Mom fixed. 

The food was wonderful and the In-laws were super nice.  The Mom gave me a gift basket and I gave her a gift bag.  So cool we thought the same.

Big suprise for me, my X Gary and his girlfriend, the other woman, showed up at the same time I did. We were all nice to one another.  What a shock!.

I kicked Malindi in the behind for not telling me they were going to be there for dinner as she walked me with her friend to my carSmiley Happy

It would have been nice if she gave me a heads up.

@AnikaBrodie So sorry for your car battery troubles and having to reschedule your hair appointment.

It takes me a long time to get into my hairdresser.

Remember a few days ago my battery was dead.  Thank goodness there was nothing important to go to and I put the battery charger on and it has been working good so far.

Hopefully you are up and running by now.

Honored Contributor

photo purple romans 12 12.png

Honored Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

@possummink,

",and have not been here (on forums), so just scattering around - {just got here} when these caught my attention".

Too beautiful to use, but with life being so short, why not?  I know my mama would. These handkerchiefs are each a work of art.

I have seen my mother work for hours crocheting different pieces of fine workmanship- definitely a lost art.

All women in the family and many of the neighbors

both ( young & older) that I remember, when very young did (almost) everything with pride. And used what they made.

Always a fancy hankie for church. Sunday Best!

I suppose it was where you lived, too.

Many women sold these at small showing when our local Craft Days were ready, and possibly still do.

I know at any State Fair, there were craft booths that ``sold out instantly``.

That was not very long ago, taking a guess, here, 8-10 years ago. The kitchen mats was something I always bought. I am using four, now as wee decors in my kitchen. 

When I was New Mexico ..  ( business dinner ) /w/husband/, there was a CEO's mother that made a ( very one of a kind) beautiful doll for me from the leaves of a fine thin wood that had been processed, dried and seasoned. Has a beautiful full face w/hair, her umbrella and the dress is like something from the 1800 period. That had to have taken 'hours' to make. I cherish her. Something - I'll probably never see again. 

Everything, now is massed produced and made in China. I have no use for this -stuff-.

I have that in my living room on a hand painted wooden low cabinet for small storage items.

About 20 inches across Xs 18 inches high, with a side width of 13 inches: I keep about 1,000 photos there.

If I knew of any young brides around here, I would happily give what I have as wedding gifts..

I learned to crochet from my mother when around sixteen. If I can start the beginning (that the most difficult for me), then I can go pretty well. But, I'm not a designer of anything particular, more like a wrap or cover for a chair or sofa. Takes a lot of time!!!

@possummink wrote:

Lace Edgings Crochet Pattern

I have quite a few hankies like this, but most are white cotton or linen with a lot more lace and other needlework decorations on them.  Old treasures and fond memories.   Some were from my dad's mom who was Irish.  Love Irish laces, and French lace.  Heck,  I love most old lace. Cat Very Happy  

I have a dress that was made for me when I was about 4 or 5.  It is totally made by crocheting or some kind of needlework.  I still have it and am at a loss as to what to do with it.  To be worn, it needs a slip or undergarment as it's similar to the style of work above in the pale green.  The color is a beautiful pinky-rose.  There are pink ribbons up on the top for accent and they are entwined in the pink threads.   If I remember when I get home I'll take a picture of it and post it.   Kids now days wouldn't wear anything like it but I had quite a few beautiful dresses made by one of my dad's employees who loved to sew and do handwork.   The clothing was exquisite  and so special to me. To this day,  from all those decades ago, I remember those dresses, though I only have the one remaining. 

Honored Contributor

@NAES1

I have a question for you and anyone else who might know, 

Who do I contact to file a complaint about a medical professional? 

Esteemed Contributor

Smiley Happy @Sassy7356

Hello Sassy, what great news~~~ 

I have read over two times what you had noted. I know you, your daughter are ready for a nice relief rest. Two drain tubes -out-, and your 'saint' is doing the monitoring and RECORDING of fluid release. That is a plus and one very important procedure. 

I know that everyone is running on empty, rest is a number one prerequisite. You have briefed us to the best of what you know.

Thank You for even taking this time. 

I was on my way out a few minutes ago, when I came on to check.

Errands:  I will not be here for several hours.

GO REST.

We can catch up later. 

I am very thankful that your daughter is doing as well as expected.

What I have read, brings a smile knowing that you have a wonderful assistant / potential nursing helper.  

Very good news, again, especially that she can eat, if for a small amount. 

C/O : A Special daughter to Sassy and cyber friend to all.

April 05, 2018

Thursday

____________________________________________ My oh My...This just popped upfrom DRAFTs that I post around 2pm, before I left. 

Putting it OUT there, if anyone missed it? ! mmmh?

FOR EVERYONE. I'VE HAD THIS HAPPEN BEFORE (??)

Honored Contributor

@lulutoby I wish the weather wasAA185E2B-480F-4A39-9A06-866808D39363.jpeg warmer for tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

Re: THE CUPCAKE CAFE

[ Edited ]

9E582321-6638-42DA-8B71-9002B765904D.jpegCupcake Cafe friends